92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Nice work there goat smuggler :thumsup:
The color scheme really matches Big Ed.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm. Dosen't it feel good when its in.....:D Nice... Very nice indeed. I like the idea of the Fat Mat on the noisy side of the firewall too. Time for me to be buying about 150 square feet of it....

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
last time I looked you bought a pop up camper:confused:

well ya see I'm gonna take and put a 5er pin on the front bunk of the pop up so that I can just tow it all set up - no more cranking for me.... ;Sweet See that's using the ole noggin for something else other than a hat rack... And I'm gonna use something that we can trust our life to - duct tape... LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Overall a successful day, selling a truck, (the black 97 F250 with 17Kmiles)and getting a motor in!

Thanks again Ron!

Didn't you sell the last extremely low miled truck when we were up there removing the Cummins from the other Ford... Looks like getting the gang up there to wrench on your projects turns out to be pretty good for business...

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good Darrin. I am enjoying your attention to detail. I like the firewall insulation as well. Keep up your steady progress. High quality detailed work is such a commitment. It's nice to see you doing it right. I'm eager to see it finished.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part of the firewall did you have to beat on to make it fit? Was this done to the donor truck too? I hope you were cognizant of what may be on the other side.... ;Really

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
What part of the firewall did you have to beat on to make it fit? Was this done to the donor truck too? I hope you were cognizant of what may be on the other side.... ;Really

This area doesn't look quite as red as it did before.

Attachments

• SV500013.JPG
    SV500013.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 245

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys!

Tony, and I got the motor bolted In today! ;Sweet That was no small feat but it is in there. I had to get a new trans mount, as the old one was shot. I still have to drill 3 holes and bolt in the drivers side of the trans crosmember to the frame. I hope to get to that tomorrow, along with the TC to Flywheel bolts. Then just start wiring stuff up, remove the old guages and get the new ones installed.

Now that I have it in place it looks like the Down Pipe will be a little more challenging than origionally thought. Not whure how I will do that yet, I need to find someone that can fab up toobing.

wow cant wait till i get to do mine were did you get those valve covers?

Those are the stock aluminum valve covers, I just had them polished, along with the intake plenum.

Hmmmmmm. Dosen't it feel good when its in..... Nice... Very nice indeed. I like the idea of the Fat Mat on the noisy side of the firewall too. Time for me to be buying about 150 square feet of it....

Yes it does feel good! Thanks,.. The Fat Mat took a beating with the firewall but we were able to replace it today so It is still functional. I ordered 200 square feet of it. I think so far I only used 100 of that. That is the inside of the cab, cieling, doors, firewall so far. I want to do the underside of the hood, then I am taking the odds and ends scraps and putting them on the insides of the door skins. 150 feet will be plenty.

Didn't you sell the last extremely low miled truck when we were up there removing the Cummins from the other Ford... Looks like getting the gang up there to wrench on your projects turns out to be pretty good for business...

Yes you are correct, Lets do this every weekend! LOL Wish you were there man! Heck we could have put in the 5th wheel rails at the shop.

Looks really good Darrin. I am enjoying your attention to detail. I like the firewall insulation as well. Keep up your steady progress. High quality detailed work is such a commitment. It's nice to see you doing it right. I'm eager to see it finished.

Thanks Dirtleg, I am eager to see it finished as well, I just am doing what I can do, and trying not to overdo it, or rush it, but that can be hard for me.

that looks great! It's going to awesome for sure when all is said and done!!!

;Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnem
What part of the firewall did you have to beat on to make it fit? Was this done to the donor truck too? I hope you were cognizant of what may be on the other side....

This area doesn't look quite as red as it did before.

With Rons expertiece cookoo of removing dashes, he seems to think that we had penty of room. The Dash isn't bulged out any so I think we are ok. If not I will have him remove the dash and fix it,.. :backoff :D

Ill take some more pics tomorrow, the FatMat now covers up most of the carnage.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... would a body lift have negated the need for that beating? Not criticizing the effort mind you... Even a standard IDI turbo install warrants some firewall abuse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88