Big Ed's Exreme Truck Makeover part II

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Well we got the motor out today, Too bad Ron Misssed it, He called in sick:puke: Get Better Ron, and thanks for being on call for when we had a question, we know you were there in spirit! ;Sweet

Yeah wished I could have been there. I'm still running a fever this morning. Man this cold sucks!

Was glad to help anyway I could and am glad are feelings are mutual on that turbo removal.:puke:

Was good to see Chris again 'specially since he showed up at my house last night bearing gifts and yes his truck does look AWESOME!!!!.;Sweet
Chris, you da man!
Thankyou!:hail

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
it's not a problem, spill away. i haven't had the gumption to post an update lately, 20 below with wind chill today, so i'm staying warm. any pics you have let's see um:D
chris

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Ron, Watch ya gonna do with your present,..? Too bad you cant spill the beans yet, well wait till we hear from Chirs.

Well the Beef is slated for a makeover when I get the shop cleared out of that old Chevy and Mater gets a fine going over again.

Yep, they're gonna look purdy schaweet on the Beef along with the ground effect skirting.

Kinda like a hotrod / lead sled pickem up look.:love:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Say.... I'm really liken those leggs on that lunch table....:D You guys look happy to be taking a break... Wish I was there too. Half way drive accross the country is just a bit more than I could do... I don't like driving on frozen streets... The white stuff ascares me.....:D The only white stuff on our streets in So Ca. is coke and thats a really bad thing.....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I didn't know coke is slippery :dunno cookoo

The I always thought it was stickey,.. I know Pepsi and Mt Dew is,...:dunno

So a quick update,... I have been dealing with a bad 4 letter word here a lot this season,.. SNOW!.. We have been getting 6 inches about every 3 days latley. When we get snow I loose a day just plowing, moving cars, and clearing the lot. So I am behind on all of my projects.

One thing leads to another,.. Droopy the Plow Truck has a broken part in the steering column. Well with all the snow it HAS to be fixed. I have an extra steering column that will be installed in Big Ed, so I removed the column out of Ed to use as parts to fix Droopy.

I am removing the column shift to install a floor shifter in the center counsol. so the new steering column is from a 5 speed. Since I am putting in a floor shifter I decided to remove all of the interior.

Since I removed the interior, I decided to install sound deadening material, and what the heck, may as well install carpet.

Under the truck the driveshaft's are removed, and the trans T-Case and Gearvendors are unhooked and ready to be moved back 4" . Should be a little easier than originoally thought. I hope to have it moved back by Wednessday.

I have had one area of concern, and that is the flywheel to torqueconverter adapter, known as the Wave Ring (see pic) It has held up for 20K miles on a stock Cummins, however I am probablly doubling the HP and TQ and the wave ring looks a little flimsy for that. So I am having a ring made out of high tenseled steel at my buddy's machine shop. That should be done on Thursday.

If all that happens I would like to drop the motor in on Saturday, the 8th. Sounds like Ron will be here getting his hands dirty. :thumbsup:

You can see the wave ring on bolted to the flywheel, and the rest of the interior carnage,..

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 130
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    386.4 KB · Views: 220
  • SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 127
  • SV500005.JPG
    SV500005.JPG