Big Ed's Exreme Truck Makeover part II

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a bad case of scope creep to me. LOL

Gotta love it. That thing will be like new when your done. Where were you hiding that sub woofer? I need to get one of those. The Moose Truck is getting a new stereo this spring.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
So a quick update,... I have been dealing with a bad 4 letter word here a lot this season,.. SNOW!.. We have been getting 6 inches about every 3 days latley. When we get snow I loose a day just plowing, moving cars, and clearing the lot. So I am behind on all of my projects.

You can see the wave ring on bolted to the flywheel, and the rest of the interior carnage,..

Yeah I know the feeling. Especially being diagnosed with Mad Plow Disease.LOL

Hey there Goat Smuggler, you best not tell Scotty what you did to all of his wiring cause I think he'd have yer heard on the chopping block for that.:eek:

Hopefully Mater will make the trip this time. Plenty of oil to spare for his habbit.
Just gotta get that bed rail pulled back in so he don't get the urge to take off and fly.:D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well unfortunatlly the motor drop is not happening today, My buddy was not able to complete the flywheel to torque converter spacer ring this week.

The bummer part is this puts me back a couple of weeks, as this was our window to drop in the motor. Next week I will be at Bristol for the Nascar race, and Ron is not avaliable for a few weeks also.

I am pretty bummed, but that happens sometimes on these government jobs.
Ill keep you posted,...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Gotta love it. That thing will be like new when your done. Where were you hiding that sub woofer?

The sub was attached to the rear of the cab behind the seat. It gets pretty busy back there with the Sub, 2 6x9 speaker boxes, Motor and assembly for the power rear slder, and 2 fire extenguishers. Not a lot of room for junk!

Hey there Goat Smuggler, you best not tell Scotty what you did to all of his wiring cause I think he'd have yer heard on the chopping block for that

Yea I hear ya, however I am going to put him to work doing the sound deadening install in the cab. I figure the work is right at his level, plus he could use a few extra bucks, He is going to Bristol with us.

Later Mater,.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I must have missed it, what year Cummins are you putting in there? The 89-91 non intercooled or a 92-93 intercooled? Who's fabbing up the mounting brackets by the way? Looks good in either case.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yea I hear ya, however I am going to put him to work doing the sound deadening install in the cab. I figure the work is right at his level, plus he could use a few extra bucks, He is going to Bristol with us.

Later Mater,.

Yeah that'll be good. Unless he gets himself all stuck and wrapped up in the sound deadener. Then there might be another opening to Bristol.
LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yeah that'll be good. Unless he gets himself all stuck and wrapped up in the sound deadener. Then there might be another opening to Bristol.

So far Scotty is doing pretty good,.. Here is the proof,..LOL

Attachments

• Scotty1.JPG
    Scotty1.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Scotty2.JPG
    Scotty2.JPG
    396.1 KB · Views: 118

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here are some more pics of the Sound deadening project.

Tony and I droped the headliner and did the roof as well. We have enough to do the doors, firewall, and under the hood.

Attachments

• SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 60
  • SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 56
  • SV500005.JPG
    SV500005.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 74
  • SV500006.JPG
    SV500006.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 50
  • SV500007.JPG
    SV500007.JPG
    349.6 KB · Views: 56
  • SV500008.JPG
    SV500008.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 48

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
My buddy Terry got the torque converter to Flywheel spacer done to replace the Wave Ring. It looks awesome! too bad it will never be seen.

Here are some pics of the adapter and the wave ring that it replaced shown on the new low stall RV towing torque converter:

Attachments

• SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 53
  • SV500004.JPG
    SV500004.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 45
  • SV500005.JPG
    SV500005.JPG
    430.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scotty reminds me of that guy in "The Road Warrior".... Do you have a dolly for him that you can wheel him around? :) Looks great.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Scotty reminds me of that guy in "The Road Warrior".... Do you have a dolly for him that you can wheel him around? :) Looks great.

LOL Yea it's called a wheel chair, not just any wheel chair, His has full 4 link suspension, and front shocks, with lighted front wheels. Probablly has more invested into that thing than I do in the Cummins Conversion ;Really

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I must have missed it, what year Cummins are you putting in there? The 89-91 non intercooled or a 92-93 intercooled? Who's fabbing up the mounting brackets by the way? Looks good in either case.

Not shure what year Cummins it is since I got it out of a Ford. From what I have read and compared, it is the "Bus" or industrial cummins. Anyway it was a factry rebuild with about 20K miles on it, and was not intercooled in the doner truck, but will be in my truck.

Since I was able to buy a Ford truck with the Cummins in it, There is really no fab work, all of the parts are there. I did the TC adapter just because I thought the one that came with looked a little flimsy.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
The Motor install is offically ON this Saturday the 5th. Now that I have the TC ring adapter we can set the motor in.

Ron will be showing up in the morning and well see what we can get done. If anyone else wants to show up you are more than welcome! ;Sweet

I have the trans ready to move back, but I need to push in the firewall a little, and install the sound deadening. I also want to do some wiring on the motor beore the weekend.

My goal is to have it on the road by Memorial Day as that is our first camping trip. That gives me 7 Weeks.

That is droping the motor in, wiring it up, putting the front end back to gether while fabing up the Intercooler, fabing up a Downpipe, Installing the new bumper, getting the cutouts installed, shortening the driveshafts, installing the new floor shifter, installing the steering coulmn, new guages in the pillar pod, and reinstalling the interior.

Piece of cake! ;Sweet

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
My buddy Terry got the torque converter to Flywheel spacer done to replace the Wave Ring. It looks awesome! too bad it will never be seen.

Here are some pics of the adapter and the wave ring that it replaced shown on the new low stall RV towing torque converter:

Nice work.;Sweet ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86