Best way to remove old injector o-rings?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
So I'm part way into doing my E350 o-rings. They are leaky but not brittle enough to tear easily. What's the best course of action? Pulling the injectors? I got the easiest to reach ones to tear but after 20 minutes, I'm fighting with the next injector thats not too hard to reach. Heaven help me when I get to the hard to reach ones.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I've cut them with a razor blade, or used a pick to pull them off. I can only imagine how frustrating it is in a van, though. Are you accessing via the hood or the doghouse?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I've cut them with a razor blade, or used a pick to pull them off. I can only imagine how frustrating it is in a van, though. Are you accessing via the hood or the doghouse?

Both. Alternator and fuel filter had to come off for hood side access.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Well I got them all out and replaced. I will know in a few cold mornings if it's better.

Someone, maybe ATS, had a plastic tee on the passenger side between two caps for the crossover, instead of an elbow cap at the end. Running it normally would put the hose very near an exhaust heat shield, if not against it.

I broke the tee by mistake. Oops. I had spare good caps so I changed it to an elbow but i pointed it away from the heat shield and just ran a longer hose with a big curve, as shown in attached pic.

Additional pics here. First pic shows the old setup with the tee.
http://imgur.com/gallery/3VchfTL

You must be registered for see images attach

MrStretch

Reaction score
I’ve been working on mine lately. I just gotta say I hate those green clips! They make me want to buy the billet rails.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I’ve been working on mine lately. I just gotta say I hate those green clips! They make me want to buy the billet rails.

I just assembled the 4 caps in a row for each side then installed the.assembly. Then I only had 5 or 6 to do in the engine compartment itself. The worse was the one going to the fuel filter but even that wasn't too bad.

Later I'll post a pic of the pliers I use on the clamps, it works great even in odd places sometimes like the fuel filter connection.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Oh and the green ones there are better than the bare metal ones it had. I threw them away, they were so awful.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
These are the pliers that work well with those green clamps.

You must be registered for see images attach