Priming/bleeding after fuel tank & line overall, can't seem to prime injector lines.

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
I finished my new fuel tank install, fuel tanks >>> R12T filter >> ACDelco FSV >>> mechanical lift pump.

The truck hasn't ran since early october when I got a huge fuel leak before the lift pump & air got in everywhere. That's when I decided to finish the new tanks instead of just fixing the leak temporarily. I digress...

I back purged my fuel lines up to the mechanical fuel pump, got a new filter filled with 1/2 tranny juice & 1/2 diesel to lube the IP real good.

Crank it 20/30 seconds a good dozen times until i had steady pulses of clean fuel coming out of the filter's shredder valve.

Got my injector lines cracked open at the heads but only one let out some bubbles until now. Then I blocked off the return line between the filter & injector #1 as I read it would avoid reintroducing air into the system.

Still not getting fuel coming out of the cracked injector lines (I wiggled them to make sure they weren't seated tight).

Should I just keep cranking until it comes out or I'm missing something with properly priming the IP ?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are getting nothing at all out of any of the injector lines with primed up to the IP?
It doesn’t take much after that to get it flowing aslong as your FSS is working.

Check with a multi meter your still getting 12v to the IP solenoid and you should also be able to remove and touch the connector to it and hear it click.

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
You are getting nothing at all out of any of the injector lines with primed up to the IP?
It doesn’t take much after that to get it flowing aslong as your FSS is working.

Check with a multi meter your still getting 12v to the IP solenoid and you should also be able to remove and touch the connector to it and hear it click.

With the key in the ON position, I can hear the FSS click if I pull & reconnect the wire.

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
Could be airlocked. Would require pull starting or lots and lots of cranking…
I think I finally got a few bubbles out of a line... I tightened up the driver side bank to try and bleed the other side faster. I'll leave the battery charger on it and keep cranking for now.

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
Fuel throttle while cranking?

Pedal to the metal!

I'm seeing more & more coming out on top of the injectors, one line giving a steady flow of bubbles.

Batteries are dead now though, I have to let them charge for a while. I'll go back after dinner.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pedal to the metal!

I'm seeing more & more coming out on top of the injectors, one line giving a steady flow of bubbles.

Batteries are dead now though, I have to let them charge for a while. I'll go back after dinner.
Sounds like you're close. Not having it floored is the biggest mistake I see people make. Flooring it purges the air in the lines way faster.

Charge them up and try again. You'll get it, it just takes time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.