kubota d1105 looses prime running

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two ways I can think that rusty stuff can get into a plastic tank that has not been considered that I can see so far....

If the tank has a fuel guage sending unit...they rust up pretty bad from moisture in the air...and drop particles in the bottom over time...and then...hate to say it...the source that you get your fuel from may be suspect...the rusty water mess may be getting pumped into the tank...unsuspectingly...

I feel for ya...chasing this problem...

Have you checked the vent..? I have seen clogged/restricted vents that will collapse a tank...makes 'em look funny...stretches the lines, and lifts or locks down the fuel level sender float.

At least I knew the pump was strong...

Just tryin' to be helpful...

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did drain the tank some weeks back and this is some of what came out it. After cleaning the tank, it will run till the tank is empty sitting. So I had them use the machine near where it sits, it gave no issue being ran for about a hour. So tanks for the help given.

You must be registered for see images

This is the old fuel lines that came off the came off the bottom of the tank.

You must be registered for see images

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f the tank has a fuel guage sending unit...they rust up pretty bad from moisture in the air...and drop particles in the bottom over time...and then...hate to say it...the source that you get your fuel from may be suspect...the rusty water mess may be getting pumped into the tank...unsuspectingly...

This has a manual gauge on top of the tank, it has a stainless steel rod in the tank with a plastic float.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online