Battery cables

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I cant see the pic here. But they sell them on ebay and I can see all the eyelets and clamps for the battery and starter and ground

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Looks like s fair price for 2/0 cable. Maybe that is why the eyes don't show up in the picture. I bought mine from Rock Auto for about $85 two years ago.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
$75 for one cable by the time you add it all up, you would come out ahead buying a crimper and making your own out of some 3/0 cable You can get crimpers for under $30 these days if you shop around . Bigger batt cable carries current better and spins your starter faster. If you take a little time and make them right,( Quality battery cable and not welding cable, welding cable casing is not oil resistant, saturate the ends with conductive grease and seal the connections with heat shrink tubing ) your cables will outlast a set of factory cables by at least 3 fold

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$75 for one cable by the time you add it all up, you would come out ahead buying a crimper and making your own out of some 3/0 cable You can get crimpers for under $30 these days if you shop around . Bigger batt cable carries current better and spins your starter faster. If you take a little time and make them right,( Quality battery cable and not welding cable, welding cable casing is not oil resistant, saturate the ends with conductive grease and seal the connections with heat shrink tubing ) your cables will outlast a set of factory cables by at least 3 fold

The price of cable alone is about 5 bucks a ft. Have to remember that copper has SKYROCKETED in the past couple years. I doubt you can make a cable for much cheaper than what you can buy one for by the time you add in the ends and misc materials. 75$ for a positive cable is a great price....