Source for new negative battery cables

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled and saved all the boom power cabling out of my F550 when I removed the bucket / tool bed. The battery cabling that was in there is well done; crimped, soldered, sealed. If you let them crimp it on an anvil, then I think you'd just need to finish with a roll of solder and a little propane torch. Then heat shrink over the result. Some silicone grease in there under the heat shrink might delay the inevitable corrosion you see here on my driver side ground cable that came on the truck when we bought it. Now 4 years later it's time to build a new cable. I've been dosing it with baking soda but that has only slowed the corrosion down...
That`s a nasty looking wound on that cable. I have never had any cable look like that.
Once the corrosion get up inside the sheathing, you are done for.

Goat

12pilgrim

Reaction score
I just used batterycablesusa.com

I sent them both of my old ground cables to replicate.. They spliced my old connector for the starter relay and added it to the new one as well as the ground to frame lead on the passenger side. They are beautiful and truck started right up. Perfect match! I recommend them.

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very easy to build your own cables and a great excuse to buy more tools, too! Just buy some bulk cable, some Novalox (put on the ends), a crimper from Amazon (I have both types), military terminals, adhesive lined heat shrink, and brand name copper lugs (I use Ancor).

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hope that's what they meant lol. They're cool guys but I do wish I had access to my old Napa. The ones with the 2 story cealings and a warehouse of parts in the back. They did everything including semi truck parts. It was a marvel of a sight. I really like the idea of lugs on both ends of any cable. seems like those lead claps always crush or break eventually.
The NAPA east of Carson City on Hwy 50 is like that. Great service and guys know what they are doing. 25 mile drive, but the one here in town, I have never been impressed with them.

Goat

Hamweld

Reaction score
Battery cables USA just got about $100 from me I’m starting my own kit with ends cable flux whole 9 yards. I’ve been collecting parts and pieces here and there went to military style Pico post clamps. I have to say battery cables USA has probably the best heat shrink tubing I’ve seen around. Very impressed with them everything was labeled well and shipping was reasonable. Thier on line store is flawless as far as I’m concerned, very easy I usually have my wife order things little intimidated by on line shopping.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have some money to spend look at idideisel.com I think it is he has a beautiful ones

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tractor and other heavy equipment dealers might have the tools and parts to fix you up with cables.
I made up just about anything I needed when I worked at one.
Skid steers and other dirt movers get corroded cables and connections pretty often. How helpful they are says a lot about the company...
Here is a source I use...https://www.delcity.net/store/Battery-Cable-Crimping-Tools/p_107

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online