ATS 088 Installed on my '93

headmark

Hawkeye
Reaction score
Spokane, Washington U.S.A., The Capitol City of th
After a bit of of adjusting the the collector pipe, crossover and down pipe I eliminated the small exhaust leak I had after the intial install. Also after using a big bar and bending the firewall lip and heatshield I eliminated an awful growl that I was getting with hard acceleration and right hand turns. I hear the the whistle of the turbo between shifts. My truck used to blow alot of black smoke under acceleration, all which has been diminished to almost nonvisible smoke. I'm building around 5-7psi of manifold pressure under acceleration and egts haven't gotten over 650. I've yet to put my camper or tow the boat but I'm looking forward to loading the truck up for camping and hunting this year to really test it out. I haven't even turned the pump up yet but I have definetly noticed a difference in power, I actually even pegged the speedo for the first time passing on the interstate with ease, heck I wasn't even trying too, I just happened to look down at the needle was buried at 85. I went from 70-85 in seconds, it was like WOH! :thumbsup: Everything seems to been working great. We took it on an unloaded road trip to my moms (200 miles roundtrip and with the winter blend) my fuel mileage actually seems a bit better than what it was previously. Now I'm just waiting to install my K&N Filter and was thinking of eliminating my muffler and just going to a straight pipe but have been contiplating the idea of adapting my exhaust to a 4" pipe from the down pipe back. Not really sure if I want to do that but it's an idea. Anyone have some suggestions? What's next or should I leave it? My camper weighs about 1300lbs and the boat is another 2000lbs. How much higher will my egts get? There are quite a few hills here in the Pacific Northwest that I know I will be pulling loaded. I've already decided that the next time I replace the pump that I'm going to get Ken's turbo calibrated pump and stage 1 injectors. However that's going to be awhile. The pump was just replaced about 20,000 miles ago. But I'm always looking for more so I will wait and see for now, but open to any other suggestions.

Pete

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Congratulations! Sounds like you’ve just caught a case of the air jammin perma-grin! Once you get comfortable, you’ve got more power waiting for you with the fuel screw. Have fun turning it up! ;Sweet ;burnout

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to look at your air supply. Two options - cowl induction or cut a hole in the d/side rad support and run a 4 inch hose to your inlet. Turn up the pump and have the timming checked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online