2017 Oilburners Rally

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
tomorrow will make a solid week everybody!!!!!

some plans have changed so with that in mind who will be bringing their bikes? I will have a total of 4 with me.

a friend that is riding one just stabbed a screwdriver in his hand at work so I am hoping that works out.

Wow, Hope it works out for him as well! That suks

Yes We are taking our bike, Looking forward to seein ya again Bud, Been a long time!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
MAJOR BUMMER!

We've had to make the painful decision to cancel our plans to attend the rally.,.....

,... The reasons are strictly due to b

Take a lot of pictures, because I will be vacationing vicariously through you all!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to hear that Mel, Lori and I were looking forward to hanging out with you and Suzie again, Been a long time. Hope you get everything sorted out at your shop! We understand ya gotta do what ya gotta,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well I have been riding Big Ed Hard and putting it away wet for a couple of years so the last couple of weeks I have been working on it getting it ready for the trip, and doing normal maintenance that it had needed anyway.

Got done so far:
Steering Box
New Bilstien Steering stabilizers.
Vale Adjustment
Belts
BHAF
Exhaust repair
5 new BFG All Terrains (that was a while ago but still noteworthy)
Amsoil Fluids
Oil Change with dual filters
T Case
Rear Differential
Gearvenders Fluid Change
New upgraded piston lift pump.

To do yet
Amsoil Trans Flush and Fill
AC just quit
Cut hole in front bumper for OBS Bumper Insert.

I am sure other things will come up in the coming days.

The good news is I got the 5th wheel out of moth balls today, Got it washed and de winterized and dragged it home for Lori to start getting it cleaned up and packed. We are headed out Friday Night, drive for a while, spend the night somewhere and get there on Saturday.

Lookng forward to seein everyone!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, Hope it works out for him as well! That suks

Yes We are taking our bike, Looking forward to seein ya again Bud, Been a long time!

He is doing good. Didn't end up needing stitches and was on the bike today.

I still have a hood to finish but I'm excited.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Take some pics of the OBS bumper insert. I just bought one for my bumper to get a little extra air flow.

I got the transmission in and drove it tonight! It all seems to be working great except my neutral safety switch is not working now. It might just get bypassed for now but I feel good about being able to tow again. Now with overdrive!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
Many last minute items are not getting done. No AC again. No fuel gauges again. EGT, oil and engine temp gauges work maybe 20% of the time. However the camper brakes are rewired with heavier wire and soldered at the axles (but still untested). But I have front hub covers AND my running board lights all work!! I MIGHT even get it inspected in time...
We are leaving Friday by noon and spending the weekend near Dayton. Then figuring on arriving Sunday around lunch time. Can't wait to see everyone but nervous about the trip.

Oh and I got my 1/4 wave resonator installed in the exhaust. REALLY hoping that kills the horrible drone when towing!

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey you east coasters. If you are in the Indy area and need any assistance, give me a holler. I'm in Greenfield, Indiana which is about 20 miles east of Indy. I'm am 5 minutes from I-70. I can tow anything that is a "bumper tow", have a decent basic set of tools and all the auto parts stores in town. The IH truck parts shop is about 45 minutes away. Worst case the KOA the 2013 rally was held is 10 minutes away.

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note to self: For next rally, plan further ahead. I'm paying through the nose for all these last minute parts and fixes I'm trying to do. It seems like every time I look at my truck there is something else I notice.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
I'm thinking very seriously about snagging Dad's 2016 Superduty and not worrying about anything while riding in the AC... seems like major cheating though.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking very seriously about snagging Dad's 2016 Superduty and not worrying about anything while riding in the AC... seems like major cheating though.

I guess you and heath can start your own club now. LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
What a difference 24 hours makes. It has been a day of changes, and bottom line Lori and I decided we are not going to make the Rally this year.

Our Daughter Taylor and her husband Gideon accepted a position in South Carolina as house parents for a home for wayward teens. This is a position that both have heart for, and have been praying and training for.

Because of this they have to sell their house and move down there asap. We want to help them, and be able to spend time with them before the move away on their first big adventure.

Our hearts are full as we will miss them, but we are also happy for them as they are following Gods leading in their lives.

We are also very disappointed that we will miss all of you guys, we have put a lot of work into making this vacation so it was not an easy decision (actually it sort of was lol) As parents you do what you have to do, and we are happy to do it. Pretty sure Big Ed will be making a trip hauling a trailer down to South Carolina soon.

We will miss you guys, hope to see lots of pics.

Also watch for our Fall Rally information showing up in then ext couple of weeks.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just replaced the windshield squirters on my company 2015 F350. the old ones literally melted from the heat of the middle of the "V" :O

Reactions: GRU

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a difference 24 hours makes. It has been a day of changes, and bottom line Lori and I decided we are not going to make the Rally this year.

Our Daughter Taylor and her husband Gideon accepted a position in South Carolina as house parents for a home for wayward teens. This is a position that both have heart for, and have been praying and training for.

Because of this they have to sell their house and move down there asap. We want to help them, and be able to spend time with them before the move away on their first big adventure.

Our hearts are full as we will miss them, but we are also happy for them as they are following Gods leading in their lives.

We are also very disappointed that we will miss all of you guys, we have put a lot of work into making this vacation so it was not an easy decision (actually it sort of was lol) As parents you do what you have to do, and we are happy to do it. Pretty sure Big Ed will be making a trip hauling a trailer down to South Carolina soon.

We will miss you guys, hope to see lots of pics.

Also watch for our Fall Rally information showing up in then ext couple of weeks.
:cry::cry::cry:

Was looking forward to seeing you guys again. It's been a couple of years. But, I completely understand buddy. It's a wonderful opportunity for Taylor and Gideon. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

We will all miss you guys as well.

Safe travels to SC.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online