2017 Oilburners Rally

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see others hauling fuel my plan is to bring some also.
My list:
Paint : Done
Wipers :Done
Oil Cooler : Done
Front End Alignment: Done
Pack Camp Stuff: Not Started

Saturday another busy day.

Planning Nachos For Tuesday

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
Well we made it to our weekend spot outside Dayton. The AC was cold, the truck was so quiet we couldn't hardly tell we were rolling along at 70 except for the constanstant downshifting and screaming engine. I miss my Cummins torque for sure!!! I won't be buying a new Ford 6.2 gasser ANYTIME soon! 7.5mpg... bleh.

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today:
Changed CDR valve (rubber, oil, heat and 27 years make removing the tube a workout)
Changed oil
Checked transfer case fluid
New air filter
New fuel filter restriction sensor
Drained some fuel out of the fuel filter
Zip tied odds and ends

To Do:
Pack
Adjust my passenger rear drum (its a little tight and is getting hotter than I would like)
Make a manual starter switch to aid in cranking while depressing the schrader valve

The truck ran great around town. I'm thinking some high RPMs will be good for it.

Last couple of times I ran of my back tank the truck didn't like it. I don't know if the outer vent tube collapsed or what, so that will keep things interesting tomorrow.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, after a lot of careful consideration and difficult decision making, we have decided it's probably in our best interest to set this one out.

But we aren't going to. If things go to plan, we will be leaving tomorrow and spending the night in Fairmont, Wv. We hopefully can pick up the convoy there.

That didn't go where you thought it was going did it?

LOL

I told the wife we will go until she breaks down.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Great news Mike!

You'll have to pick a spot for the Convoy to pull off and meet ya, and let us know!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
About to head out. See y'all tomorrow afternoon.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got most all packed (thanks to my wife). Had to install a mini split at my uncles house. Start at 7 end at 7. Couple of things to do in morning before heading to Hagerstown. No mufflers I will text you in morning around 7 to see where the convoy is.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem Rob. Anyone that needs to get in touch with me, if I don't respond to a text in time feel free to call me.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I really want to make it to one of the rally's at some point. All of y'all have a safe travels and have a great time, take pictures!!