2017 Oilburners Rally

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
What a difference 24 hours makes. It has been a day of changes, and bottom line Lori and I decided we are not going to make the Rally this year.

MAJOR BUMMER!

We've had to make the painful decision to cancel our plans to attend the rally.

Very sorry to hear I wont be seeing either of you guys this year. Completely understandable, but a bummer non the less.

Hopefully I can catch up to you guys at a mini rally sometime before next year. I still haven't seen Big Ed post extreme truck makeover!

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well looks like I'm adding to the last minute fix-its. Started with the wiper motor then wanted to paint the hood in primer because of peeling clear coat. My son Daniel got wind of the paint and he volunteered to paint it. The whole top half. Now to put together. Nothing like the last minute. No Mufflers also planning on meeting you at 70 81 Sunday morning. Did the group decide on a route? I will check the convey thread.

You must be registered for see images attach

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah all the details are there. Feel free to ask if you can find the info on there. Some of it is kind of scattered around.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, I can't tell you how many rallies have involved last minute major repair/work. Rewiring the umbilical on the 5'th wheel. Replacing the steering column and turn signal switch and leaving immediately afterward at 2am to drive for hours on end, driving to Michigan and back with no turn signals or brake lights and having to manually apply the trailer brakes at the controller for 9 hours. Countless blown camper tires.

Adversity is a common struggle when it comes to rally time and 30 year old diesel trucks.

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of last minute projects..... I'm doing a major undercarriage upgrade on the camper tomorrow. Replacing the stock 1/2 inch axle U-bolts with 5/8's U-bolts I had made yesterday. Gotta swag of the axles to the passenger's side and the camper frame to the driver's side. Pretty sure that's why my rear driver's tire was kissing the slide out drive bar on my trip to the rally last year. It's only gotten worse since. Fixing it this time.... hopefully for good.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I too have been doing my last minute upgrades. Does anybody have the black mounting flange and mounting hardware for the three post tow mirrors? I was planning on installing mine until the hardware came up missing and am thinking about bringing them to install during our stay if I can source the parts. The pic shows the mirrors I have to install.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GRU

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of last minute projects..... I'm doing a major undercarriage upgrade on the camper tomorrow. Replacing the stock 1/2 inch axle U-bolts with 5/8's U-bolts I had made yesterday. Gotta swag of the axles to the passenger's side and the camper frame to the driver's side. Pretty sure that's why my rear driver's tire was kissing the slide out drive bar on my trip to the rally last year. It's only gotten worse since. Fixing it this time.... hopefully for good.

Heath
Hey Heath I had a similar problem check your frame rail braces I had several braces that were broken causing the frame to twist. Just another thing to check

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hating to make this post be we too are out as well. Much to my dismay, I have been dreading this post for 2 weeks now and am not pleased about it, but cannot make things happen for this trip.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not you too Ron........

that's alright I didn't want to see you anyway. ;PokeLOL

looks like we could have a group of party poopers now. LOL

just joking.... there is always next year....

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Mel, Ron, Darrin, I was really looking forward to seeing you guys. Best wishes in fulfilling your life obligations.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yeah Ron always hogs all the broken truck work Anyway. Its super annoying
LOL

LOL Gee Rob, tell me how ya really feel.
Guys, making the call to not go was not an easy feat. Trust me, I want to be there with you crayon eatin window lickers.
Elihah, Nick is pretty bummed he isn't going to get to hang with ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online