“The 6.9” project thread

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every thing seems to be.

You are too young for this....
I thought this was a problem us old guys have.
Ya don`t have to go, and suddenly ya do w/o any warning. :Q
It`s coming guys....don`t laugh.

Goat
I understand…. I’m reminded that one day I won’t be 21 anymore, probably about twice a day LOL My problem is I convince myself I can wait.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like she's a keeper! :cool::cheers:

And yes we love the photos, thanks for the share! Although it's not IDI-related...we'll let this one slide ;Poke
Have you not been paying attention, over half of "the 6.9 project" is devoted to the exploits of the little green ranger. And let me add:
@Laine D hasn't yet mentioned the ranger sucking air (though a few posts back Laine himself sprung a leak), so really he's way ahead of us on this whole getting where we're going thing. And his ranger in stock condition makes more power than any of our 2 trucks put together with turbo chargers.
So don't go knocking him, he's revolutionizing our ideas about these vehicles..........now if he starts in with a Tesla.......or Chrysler products.........then we'll bring down the hammer.....

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I pay attention! To his 6.9 build...and the fact that he's ok after ditching the Ranger for a wee-wee break...and his GF is awesome to come tow him out...and how he was MAN enough to admit it...and how his Ranger has stock cup holders!

More power than two turbo IDI's?! I don't think a stock ranger is gonna out-tow my 7.3...let alone two of them!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you not been paying attention, over half of "the 6.9 project" is devoted to the exploits of the little green ranger. And let me add:
@Laine D hasn't yet mentioned the ranger sucking air (though a few posts back Laine himself sprung a leak), so really he's way ahead of us on this whole getting where we're going thing. And his ranger in stock condition makes more power than any of our 2 trucks put together with turbo chargers.
So don't go knocking him, he's revolutionizing our ideas about these vehicles..........now if he starts in with a Tesla.......or Chrysler products.........then we'll bring down the hammer.....

Hey I pay attention! To his 6.9 build...and the fact that he's ok after ditching the Ranger for a wee-wee break...and his GF is awesome to come tow him out...and how he was MAN enough to admit it...and how his Ranger has stock cup holders!

More power than two turbo IDI's?! I don't think a stock ranger is gonna out-tow my 7.3...let alone two of them!
Gentleman, gentleman!! There’s enough of me to go around LOL I hope the Oilburner.com overlords will understand that even when I’m not working on my idi, I still like to post things just to check in on all of you guys! I started posting on here when I was still a sophomore in highschool, now I’m old enough to purchase beer legally. I’ve loved watching all of you guys build/fix your rigs too! When do I get to claim the veteran status??? Haha

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This isn't just any ranger, this is the green ranger! And I can remember the power rangers before there was a green ranger! And remember that when the green ranger tooted his horn the big dinosaur thing came out of the water like robo-godzilla? So don't underestimate the power of the green ranger............go-go power RANGERS!!!

there's no stranger danger with his little green ranger!.

And really @Laine D , always glad to hear from you IDI or not. And I'd bet that if you looked at the HP of your ranger compared to a stock 6.9 it's close if not more.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you're probably getting close. There's a lot of people who get on this forum, ask for help to fix a problem and then leave. Some don't even get the problem fixed.
Isn't that annoying? Especially when it's an interesting problem, you know, like other than air intrusion or the E4OD is shifting weird and giving the THX-1138 code.

Some guy joined the other day, revived a 10yr old non-conclusive thread, and asked the guy if he ever figured it out. I looked and noticed that the guy on the old thread hadn't logged in since he started the thread 10yrs ago! And then the new guy hasn't been on here since then either! What in the world!!!

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't just any ranger, this is the green ranger! And I can remember the power rangers before there was a green ranger! And remember that when the green ranger tooted his horn the big dinosaur thing came out of the water like robo-godzilla? So don't underestimate the power of the green ranger............go-go power RANGERS!!!

there's no stranger danger with his little green ranger!.
Now I see what you did there.... LOL

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that annoying? Especially when it's an interesting problem, you know, like other than air intrusion or the E4OD is shifting weird and giving the THX-1138 code.

Some guy joined the other day, revived a 10yr old non-conclusive thread, and asked the guy if he ever figured it out. I looked and noticed that the guy on the old thread hadn't logged in since he started the thread 10yrs ago! And then the new guy hasn't been on here since then either! What in the world!!!
I see that all the time also.
I click on each users of the old thread, may be 15 or so. And not one of them have logged in last 3 years or more.
Some time doing that I read what was going on and learn a few things.

But the guy asks a question, comes back, 5 people answer, and some with a long answer, and the guy never logs back in again or says thanks. And I have seen them start other threads and do it over and over. They think people on the Forums are just siting round to answer their questions.

If they do a Google search, every answer to their problems have already been answered on some Forum out there.
I guess a lot of people don`t know this?

If the Internet goes down, we are scr ewed. :rtfm

Hope I always close out a thread and give thanks, if not kick my :moon:

Goat

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at work looking through my 5 gallon bucket of bolts I’ve gathered. Since the majority of my work at the dealer is warranty, I end up replacing a ton of bolts even if there perfectly fine, especially on the engine. The majority of the small fasteners I have left over are black m8 flange bolts. Looking at my truck the other day I noticed that all the pre-drilled holes on the frame look to be that size. Sure enough, I tapped most of the holes and brought home probably 50 little bolts. My phone died so I didn’t get pics today, I will in the morning. But I’m really happy with how it looks and they’re not gonna rust. Perfect for mounting the wiring harness and fuel lines.