“The 6.9” project thread

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I work on a lot of mkiv wv's and it's a running joke with a buddy of mine that new beetle owners are nuts. Thanks for proving me right :joker:

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work on a lot of mkiv wv's and it's a running joke with a buddy of mine that new beetle owners are nuts. Thanks for proving me right :joker:
I’m in a Facebook group for them and one of the people messaged me asking if I was just trying to **** people off on their page with all of the stuff I do to my car LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find that much water in Calif.? LOL

Goat
It’s only 51% full but this was Camanche. We went to New Hogan Reservoir on Father’s Day and I think it was somewhere around 65%. They’re low but still big enough to get away from some people LOL

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I’m in a Facebook group for them and one of the people messaged me asking if I was just trying to **** people off on their page with all of the stuff I do to my car LOL
I think the best one I ever saw was an old coworkers new beetle, he had a 2002 tdi that was t boned in the passenger side. He used wood screws and Plexiglass to replace the broken glass, then did a 'custom' lift on it using cut Ford ranger springs, then ran it on a 90:10 ratio of wmo/diesel. Thing looked like crap, but he put 70 miles on it one way to work, every day.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the sound deadening installed. I have new black carpet, also painted the door panels black because they were an off blue that looked dumb with the original blue. I’m going to cut some stainless door panel inserts and mess around with a wire wheel to make a brushed look.

Attachments

• 8D5984E9-23A8-40B8-BAAD-5FACA881431D.jpeg
    8D5984E9-23A8-40B8-BAAD-5FACA881431D.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 11

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the sound deadening installed. I have new black carpet, also painted the door panels black because they were an off blue that looked dumb with the original blue. I’m going to cut some stainless door panel inserts and mess around with a wire wheel to make a brushed look.

Looks good you will be up and running in no time.
The picture looks like my 86 DD. I did the whole interior, back oof the cab and inside the doors and front also. Sure made a difference.
Used Dynamat at first. $160 off e-bay, the 2nd box from Summit, $165. Needed a 3rd box, and Summit jumped to $192.
Discovered eastwood has their brand in the same size box as Dynamat. Was $94 when I bought it last summer, bought 2 boxes. Same thing as Dynamat.

They now have a west coast store in Reno which is a few miles closer to me than Summit.

Keep up the good work.

Goat

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good you will be up and running in no time.
The picture looks like my 86 DD. I did the whole interior, back oof the cab and inside the doors and front also. Sure made a difference.
Used Dynamat at first. $160 off e-bay, the 2nd box from Summit, $165. Needed a 3rd box, and Summit jumped to $192.
Discovered eastwood has their brand in the same size box as Dynamat. Was $94 when I bought it last summer, bought 2 boxes. Same thing as Dynamat.

They now have a west coast store in Reno which is a few miles closer to me than Summit.

Keep up the good work.

Goat
Where in Nevada are you from? I wrecked it out near salt wells outside of Fallon.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of your trips over, maybe we can met up.
I remember reading some threads a while back
he posted.
Markleville is not too far from here, been there a few times.
Interesting place, think there was a restraunt there that had all these bra,s hanging on the walls and over head.

Goat

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he posted.
Interesting place, think there was a restraunt there that had all these bra,s hanging on the walls and over head.

Goat
Yeah man we’ll have to get together sometime. It’d be cool to get some of the California/Nevada guys together.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he posted.

Goat

Yeah man we’ll have to get together sometime. It’d be cool to get some of the California/Nevada guys together.

It would be really great to meet up sometime. That restaurant that you referred to was taken over by a new couple 3 years ago and they have done a phenomenal job giving it new life. I usually go there2-3 times a week and know most the staff. Super nice people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online