What Oil Do You Use?

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I found out my Knechts close to my house sells 5 gallon buckets of the old formula Chevron Delo 400 NON-LE oil. As soon as I changed my oil I noticed my oil pressure was higher overall and it is not burning as much oil as the Delo 400 LE stuff. That's what I'm sticking with for sure.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It is on a newer truck, but I use the Motorcraft oil. My 6.0 is ******* oil, and I could tell, on Rotella when it need changed... the truck did not run as strong as it did after an oil change. I have used the Motorcraft for quite a while, and it runs fine right up till it needs a change.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I like delo. Used napa last time and it seems thinner the the rest. All of it gets thin but this stuff seems worse.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to use AMSOIL 5W30 in my truck along with Air Filter and Oil Filter and a Bypass filter. once installed the oil gets sampled and not changed until the lab says "Change it"

It gets 22mpg city, I have not taken a long trip yet with the newer engine but before I did get 25/28 mpg on a trip to Tennessee, towing a car back I pulled down 17mpg open trailer aroung 5000lb load

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
used to run kendall GT2 i belive in both trucks. now i got royal purple full syn in the 94.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Wow, I'm noticing a trend with the Rotella. I thought I was gonna be the only one with those issues. Delo is a pain to find around here. I'll have to check napa next time I'm in there.(I was in there yesterday too buying a One piece FF) Seems like Delo is the consensus.

Corey, I didn't even know RP made a diesel oil. I'm afraid to even look into a price on that too.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
some moron put the wrong oil drain plug in the pan and f'ed up the threads in the pan. there is constantly a drip of oil on the drain plug. Thinking about puting a thin film of RTV around the outside of the plug where it meets the pan when i do my next oil change.

If the gasket doesnt seal it, the plug is not tight enough

Sound like it is time to chase the treads in the pan and buy a NEW drain plug or put in a FOMOTO valve. If that doesnt work, drill and tap it out to the next size

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
If the gasket doesnt seal it, the plug is not tight enough

Sound like it is time to chase the treads in the pan and buy a NEW drain plug or put in a FOMOTO valve. If that doesnt work, drill and tap it out to the next size

The plug is way tighter than an oil plug needs to be to seal. shortly after i got the truck i did an oil change and bought the correct drain plug for it and it would not go in correct so i used the one that came with the truck.

I just don't want to screw up the hole and have a problem. i will have to find a tap big enough for the hole. anybody know what the correct thread is?

this is the plug i baught....
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Dorman-Oil-Drain-Plug/1994-Ford-F250-3-4-ton-P-U-2WD/_/N-j0mu8Z8gd4w;jsessionid=5638D3A8BA76EB9FAC5A31E32D3F5CE6.diyprod4-b2c8?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=oil+drain+plug&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=129564_95473_13139_

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 160 bucks for a case of rp and my fl1995 filter

Try switching filters 2a better quality filter like a Wix 51734XE or AMSOIL EAO99
your expensive RP oil will last alot longer than with the filter you have now.

Just switch the filter and leave the oil, you will notice the difference after a few long hauls that the oil will be cleaner on the stick

Javier

badaceds650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil Delvac 15w-40, napa gold filter mainly cause my work's discount from napa filters are 50% off ;Sweet

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Try switching filters 2a better quality filter like a Wix 51734XE or AMSOIL EAO99
your expensive RP oil will last alot longer than with the filter you have now.

Just switch the filter and leave the oil, you will notice the difference after a few long hauls that the oil will be cleaner on the stick

Javier

Is the WIX and the AMSOIL filters really so much better than the Motorcraft filter? If so, I'll start picking up one of those.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run rotella and have ran it before in my diesel trucks without issue.

Stick with what works for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online