what are people running as fuel these days

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never tried running anything else except diesel in my 93 7.3. I was just wondering what other people are doing, and hpw they prepare the substitute fuel and what needs to be done to the truck.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
right at the moment im running 50% bio diesel 25% waste engine oil and 25% regular diesel. runs prety dam good, but i threw in the bio to clean out the injection system, i dont run bio often

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B100 biodiesel made by myself when the weather is warm enough and a blend of 10-20% diesel and 80-90 bio when it's colder.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% homebrew Bio with the occasional oil change thrown in the tank. Deffinitely lost of a little power with bio, but really runs cleaner with less heat and smoke. But at 80 cents a gallon savings I'll run my buddy's bio.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
How long have you guys been running bio and what hoses have you replaced so far? or FP or IP?

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my hoses were replaced when I had the engine out. On 87 the only rubber is small pieces from the fuel pump, injection pump return, back of the engine return, water seperator, and most importantly change out the mechanical fuel transfer pump for a new one.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
My last tank was straight transformer oil, when I get the money I'm going to fill it up with diesel and see if there is a difference in mileage.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I run what gets pumped from the many stations I use. Don't think it has any bio in it so just plain old #2 diesel and stanadyne performance formula in every tank fillup...

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I run what gets pumped from the many stations I use. Don't think it has any bio in it so just plain old #2 diesel and stanadyne performance formula in every tank fillup...

I use the stanadyne too.....
but I run a mix of 50%-80% veggie to 20%-50% diesel, a splash or 2 of tranny, hydraulic, or used motor oil when handy......
I use this to filter it and have added a 2nd one to the mix....:sly

Attachments

• DSC00672.JPG
    DSC00672.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 12

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
i start up and shut off on #2, once warm switch to the back tank with 100% waste veggie thats been filtered to 1 micron. the only mod so far is to plumb in a simple heat exchanger right before the fuel filter. put several thousand on it over the summer. only cost was a fuel filter!

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
I have been running alot of trans fluid and home heating oil (kerosene) lately. Have had as much as 90/10 (20gal of t fluid, 2gal of diesel) with a dose of diesel kleen and the bronco loved it. I had a buddy that was a master tech. at a hyundai dealership and he would give it to me buy the 5gal bucket, all 30k or less strait out of the flush machine, this stuff looked brand new. Lately tho been running mostly on strait kerosene. No modifications.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
dont run straight kerosene, it doesnt have the lubrication. unless you mix it with motor or veggie oil, then its ok.