Radiator Options as of 2023

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only option for brass is Spectra as far as I can tell, they run about $700-800.
2 core

Aluminum:
Cheapies off Ebay $150-200 2 core
Mishimoto $500 3 core
Champion:
2 core 3/4” tubes $220
3 core 5/8” tubes $320
2 core HD 1” tubes $320
4 core 5/8” tubes $400

I ordered a 4 core Champion from Jegs, but evidently they were out of stock and so they canceled my order. They are back in stock, but now I am wondering if I should get a 2 core HD. Supposedly they are superior in both airflow and coolant flow, due to the low count, but big diameter of core tubes. What does everyone else think?

bumblebeer

Reaction score
I'll see if I can find some numbering on my aluminum radiator. It works crazy good. It was 90 ish the other day and the temp needle hardly even moved even when blasting the AC. I swear the whole engine compartment could literally be on fire, but that radiator would still keep the engine nice and cool.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll see if I can find some numbering on my aluminum radiator. It works crazy good. It was 90 ish the other day and the temp needle hardly even moved even when blasting the AC. I swear the whole engine compartment could literally be on fire, but that radiator would still keep the engine nice and cool.
What brand is it?

bumblebeer

Reaction score
Last edited:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad state of affairs, but are there any radiator repair shops left? Not an issue yet, but I would love to get my original 93' radiator rebuilt. Still works great but I know it coming.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Apparently it is a 2 row, but like I said it works crazy good for me. Sticker says it's a Spectra CU1165

Edit: I believe this is the same one on Rock Auto https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/spectra+premium,CU1165,radiator,2172

And I have a manual, so not using the transmission cooler. Not sure how much difference that would make.
Been a while ago I got one of these CU1165s from Napa. Treated me well, but my motor has a dead cylinder. So my truck is getting a turbo 7.3 and a 5 speed. But that radiator kept the original 6.9 cool. Holds 24 quarts of coolant, same as a Cummins

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller