Want a turbo engine?

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Cruising ebay and found this # 150049943796. It looks like someone will get a good buy on this one.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I looked at that motor from what you posted. It seems all the outside parts are missing except the injection pump and maybe injectors. The hardest thing about buying something like that is how do you determine if it really is a turbo motor. Just about any 7.3 motor can be called a turbo motor. Even if the block numbers are correct for a turbo motor what happens if it has been rebuilt once and the rebuilder bored it out .030 and installed the non turbo rods and pistons. Sure you bought a turbo motor ...but it wasn't. If I lived close I would pay around $250.00 but no more because it will need to be taken apart so you know its really a turbo motor. Still for the price its a good deal for parts only if thats what you need. A crank, heads and rods would pay for the selling price so far.

snatchal

Reaction score
I've been watching that one myself. Would be a day long road trip, but it's been a few years since I've had the pleasure of visiting the lovely state of Minnesota. So what do you think could be the problem it has with "no compression in one cylinder" ?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A burned valve, broken compression rings or maybe a pushrod problem. All these are easy fixable problems with the motor on a stand.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo ???

I e mail the guy and asked him if all the turbo related parts are gone along with the Turbo, he said all turbo related parts are gone not just the turbo.
Also asked about the injectors and the pump,
He said pump is off but goes with it.It is a non turbo pump.:mad: He said injectors or included.
I thought it might be worth somethong for the right pump and injectors for a core but thats out.
Oh well I m out:puke:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I wont be bidding on it. It just might be a motor taken out of a turbo 94 truck that had a transplant motor installed years eariler too. Like I posted before. The only real way of telling if its really a turbo motor is to take it apart. Then it will show you what it is. For me that takes lots of trust in someone I don't know..... Yes, I would like it but the drive and not knowing really what it is bothers me. Still its a good price for parts alone.