Update: Front brakes won't disengage after rear brake job

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay the issue is resolved and I do feel a little bit stupid. I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to rack their brain to help me solve my problem.

So when I tore into this thing 2 weeks ago I found that it was equipped with 2" wheel spacers. Having a strong dislike for parts that serve only a cosmetic purpose (and a dumb one at that) I chucked them in the scrap pile 2 weeks ago. Now I'm not sure why these things are needed, evidently somewhere along the way someone put either a different axle or different wheels on the truck. When I put everything together without the spacers it caused the inside wheel to rub the leaf springs, which is what was causing the noise as well as the resistance. I reinstalled the spacers and everything is working as it should, mostly.

Seems to stop fine but the parking brake isn't working. I suspect that the cable is over stretched. I'll have to revisit how to adjust the cable, it's been a while and if I recall correctly there is a factory adjustor but it's pretty crappy.

I wonder if you have a cab and chassis rearend modified to fit under a regular pickup frame. That would explain the rearend being a bit narrow.

HicksNthaStix

Reaction score
I wonder if you have a cab and chassis rearend modified to fit under a regular pickup frame. That would explain the rearend being a bit narrow.

I think that's what's up, it started life as a 250, no doubt the dual rear is not stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance