Uahul parts FYI

sassyrel

Reaction score
I burned up 2 complete sets in about 3 weeks....no swelling, just stopped working.

I put a set of Motorcraft plugs in her and never looked back since.....2 years ago that was.

had the near very same results.............

wmoguy

Reaction score
That stinks. I'd send them back. Local ford dealer charged me 150 for a set when I redid my heads. I forgot the Vaseline when I bought them.....

Black dawg

Reaction score
the problem is that I have seen several different part numbers on bosch plugs that look the same for the solid state controller application.

Bosch makes a duratherm plug for the 6.2-6.5, and I have used them with good results.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the uhaul stuff says all sales final, just sayin.

I have used bosch with no issues.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... Mine need to be black body color. The cad body plugs didn't come on the market till late 39 or 40 year...These cars came factory with double white wall tires. I sure wont be useing those.. Trying to clean the inside white wall just kills me thinking about it....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
the problem is that I have seen several different part numbers on bosch plugs that look the same for the solid state controller application.

Bosch makes a duratherm plug for the 6.2-6.5, and I have used them with good results.

Well, that's because it's a Duraterm plug. That's basically the first constant duty glow plug made. Those things were designed for the EU emissions standards on the new high tech diesels and in cold weather the computers will sometimes keep the things burning all the time to keep tailpipe emissions clean. It's just about impossible to burn out a duraterm on a running engine... problem is, Bosch doesn't make one for our application, I''ve contacted them personally and they have no plans of making one either because it's a limited application plug so the only bosch plug that oficially fits our engines is an old style plug. Now if someone had a huge stock of duraterms and had the time to match up a set that could work in these things, I would imagine they would work great, but the plugs that Bosch has listed for the 7.3 just plain sucks and doesn't hold up

Black dawg

Reaction score
Well, that's because it's a Duraterm plug. That's basically the first constant duty glow plug made. Those things were designed for the EU emissions standards on the new high tech diesels and in cold weather the computers will sometimes keep the things burning all the time to keep tailpipe emissions clean. It's just about impossible to burn out a duraterm on a running engine... problem is, Bosch doesn't make one for our application, I''ve contacted them personally and they have no plans of making one either because it's a limited application plug so the only bosch plug that oficially fits our engines is an old style plug. Now if someone had a huge stock of duraterms and had the time to match up a set that could work in these things, I would imagine they would work great, but the plugs that Bosch has listed for the 7.3 just plain sucks and doesn't hold up

The duratherms for the 6.2-6.5, along with the chevy controller and the resistor mod, would make a good retrofit on a ford. The controller is very dependable and easy to modify glow time.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
My first set of Bosch burnt out after 2 days. The frickin' controller glowed them 20+ second every time you turned the key no matter what the temp was.

My second set I put in a push-button and they have about 2 months on them with no problems.