Uahul parts FYI

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I ordered glow plugs from Uhaul parts. I was excited because the price was only $25 for all 8, and the part number said ZD9. Seemed to good to be true, so I searched here and found nothing about it so I went ahead and ordered. Received them yesterday and they are all Bosch.

PZ

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I ordered glow plugs from Uhaul parts. I was excited because the price was only $25 for all 8, and the part number said ZD9. Seemed to good to be true, so I searched here and found nothing about it so I went ahead and ordered. Received them yesterday and they are all Bosch.

PZ

I would send em back

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
If I have to run a glow plug that is not a ZD9, than I will run a Bosch, since I have had good luck getting them out after 100+k miles. But I still prefer the ZD9's. I think I will keep them in the tool box just in case.

PZ

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with bosch plugs. Have a few left in my motor I haven't swapped out yet. Going strong for 5 years.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
If I have to run a glow plug that is not a ZD9, than I will run a Bosch, since I have had good luck getting them out after 100+k miles. But I still prefer the ZD9's. I think I will keep them in the tool box just in case.

PZ

yeah. MAybe ok to use in a pinch, but I wouldnt want to take the risk of having to pull the heads to save $10-$15

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed my Glow plugs. According to the POs maintenance records thay had about 125K on them. They were bosch with no swelling. I would run em again.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I love bosch plugs ... in European diesels. THey will go 2-300k miles without any probloems, but I put a set in my IDI ans they burned out after a week. No swelling, but internally, they were toast. It would be nice if Bosch made their new Duraterm type plugs for our engine, those things are basically constant duty, but I have personally contacted their headquarters and asked if they have any plans to make them and the answer was no. They are only going to keep making the old style for this application as it's a limited application.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I burned up 2 complete sets in about 3 weeks....no swelling, just stopped working.

I put a set of Motorcraft plugs in her and never looked back since.....2 years ago that was.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I burned up 2 complete sets in about 3 weeks....no swelling, just stopped working.

I put a set of Motorcraft plugs in her and never looked back since.....2 years ago that was.

That's exactly what happened to me, 1 week on the bosch before toast, and well over 75k miles and counting on the same set of Berus now

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Bosch plugs. They are exceptional plugs. I bought mine from U-haul parts when they had their liquidation sale and have never had a problem with them. I am running them in both trucks too.

DragRag

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Bosch plugs. They are exceptional plugs. I bought mine from U-haul parts when they had their liquidation sale and have never had a problem with them. I am running them in both trucks too.

Same experience here. I guess they only work in California......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel