Turbo install in progress

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, man you've got me all freaked about my turbo install now....
why, just check everything before you start... I downloaded an ATS install guide, and have been reading through it. I'm pretty well versed in what needs to be done, but its the little things that will bite you.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I know how you feel man, I went through all of this as well. I know that gut feeling you get when you hear that sound and you KNOW that something is wrong. My turbo by the end of the run (45miles) was making less than 1.5psi of boost at WOT. That really really sucks man. I would tell you to get ahold of Russ, but I think he is on vacation now. FYI a new center section from him, all balanced up, cost me around $380. Hopefully your housings are both still good.

I feel for you man. Make sure you clean out that galley that suv7734 showed, thats what caused my turbo to go (engine sludge).

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Oh I'm done - just chasing bugs now - just still very paranoid every creak and rattle...

why, just check everything before you start... I downloaded an ATS install guide, and have been reading through it. I'm pretty well versed in what needs to be done, but its the little things that will bite you.

zpd307

Reaction score
i hear you all, but i rebuilt my turbo on my grand national 2 summers ago and everything has been just fine, thankfully. it has several thousands of miles on it since it was done. i plan on rebuilding the turbo, that i eventually get, myself when the time comes. on another note, where would i get a new compressor wheel for the 093.