Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
you have way to much time on your hands to even know about soap operas.
no wonder the dog population in your town is out of control.....:D

:rotflmao I only watch it one week a year at deer camp in October. Pretty much takes 2 days to catch up and then I'm good for another year.:D

jactoy4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the issue of not reving past 2700 rpm is how the motor has been all along or this is after a pump has been installed then the pump is probably wrong for this truck. I have not been following this thread closely but... Some injection pumps that fit our trucks are governored for dump trucks and school buses. They only rev up to 2700 rpm. Hope this helps..

it came on truck when i bought it. turned the screw on the back of the pump all the way up. went from 2500 to 2700 rpms. and thats all she will go. i have another pump, (unsure of the condition) so im sceptical upon installing it and not getting it timed correctly.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at least your truck will start LOL mine needs a whole new damn starter.... LOL hopefully daddy will help me out on gettin one tho

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
jactory, will it only hit 2700 loaded (driving) or sitting in park? Im asking cause it could be the accel cable is stretched/wrong/messed up. Mine has done some funky stuff and I found the old cable was hacked together by a po (s). I pulled one at the local junk yard and it helped (still isnt perfect)

have someone mashed the pedal to the carpet and crawl under the hood and be sure the pump is at full tilt.

punk

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I wanna see one that will hit 2700 off and live. Seen a few runaways way over that "off" and one ate a phone book before we got it off (big mack dumptruck).

nope for this diagnostic step the engine should be running, folks.

punk

jactoy4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jactory, will it only hit 2700 loaded (driving) or sitting in park? Im asking cause it could be the accel cable is stretched/wrong/messed up. Mine has done some funky stuff and I found the old cable was hacked together by a po (s). I pulled one at the local junk yard and it helped (still isnt perfect)

have someone mashed the pedal to the carpet and crawl under the hood and be sure the pump is at full tilt.

punk

thats the first thing i checked. the pedal will fully actuate the lever on the side of the pump.;Sweet

but when driving, or sitting at a light with the clutch in, it wont rev a bit over 2700. so im thinking maybe i have a damn bus pump on it?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im new on this site, and am a motorcycle tech, so I have no room to critisize anyones diesel mechanic abilities. That being said, Punk is now my new Hero. Diagnosis in any industry is key, and this guy has his ducks in a row. The patience he shows comes from thousands of hours of dealing w/ clients who perpetually fault him for their deficiencies.
Earning their respect is a difficult task when you contitnually play their game. Bottom line--If you know your sh-- the argument ends, If you dont---- shut your mouth and open your ears!!! Punk has obviously bit his tongue in half over the years and Has gained my respect. I will definately be asking this guy for advise on my 94 idi, and possibly on my next tatoo as well. I have a feeling punk lives where its cold, cause his work ethic definately reflects it. God knows when its 30 below, and you dont keep movin, your gonna freeze to death. God bless all, sure hope this kid (fordman) invests in some q-tips.

Gol dang it ,stop that , now his head is gonna swell and his hair will be even spikyer, is that a word.:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
Punk does have good diagnostic skills. I just sit back and let him roll because he is doing it in a dealership everyday and they really should be happy they have someone that likes old iron. Cause you know how most dealers are.:puke::puke:

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL OIL BURNERS!!!:

I Recruit ****** Klein (ken Klen or fordman41291) will be leaving for boot camp in aprox. 2 1/2 to 3 weeks (give or take) and I will be off of the forum for around 8 weeks and I will have no way on receiving your posts/or PM's I will get back as soon as I can..
so the truck project will be in suspension for a number of months I will keep in touch as soon as I get out of boot camp tho wish me luck and thank you all for all your help..

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ohhh, so you were just like a boy scout for the navy....
interesting.

from one "real" sailor to a future sailor.... I hope they keep you outta the engineroom.
Best of luck, beware of foreign ports, once you've had a dr put a Qtip into places it doesn't belong, your never the same.

USMM
Chief Eng Drew

ohh and I'll offer you $250 for your truck right now....