Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
boot camp? nah, I'm not the navy type. who wants a huge ship with 5000idiots on it? I'd rather an 80ft boat with 4 idiots on it, plus we get paid more, don't salute, and wear whatever we want.

$500 eh? when do you leave for bootcamp? I'm offshore for the next month.
I'm willing to wager, If I took a starter, a pair of jumper cables, and an electric fuel pump up there I could have the truck running in under an hour.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL OIL BURNERS!!!:

I Recruit ****** Klein (ken Klen or fordman41291) will be leaving for boot camp in aprox. 2 1/2 to 3 weeks (give or take) and I will be off of the forum for around 8 weeks and I will have no way on receiving your posts/or PM's I will get back as soon as I can..
so the truck project will be in suspension for a number of months I will keep in touch as soon as I get out of boot camp tho wish me luck and thank you all for all your help..

I thought we were all in agreement that you couldn't leave or die until the truck was running properly. LOL

Although I do appreciate your acknowledgement that you would probably need more than 3 weeks to get it to spin. ;Really

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gol dang it ,stop that , now his head is gonna swell and his hair will be even spikyer, is that a word.:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
Punk does have good diagnostic skills. I just sit back and let him roll because he is doing it in a dealership everyday and they really should be happy they have someone that likes old iron. Cause you know how most dealers are.:puke::puke:
Sorry, Didnt mean to single punk out, as there are an ouray of knowlegeable folks on this site. I just appreciate his willingness to help out others. In my Industry getting information from other techs, is like pulling a moler on a hungry grizzly bear.(aint happenin) I can relate to punk becouse im natured the same, if I learn or Know something, I want everyone to benifit. (wife hates that about me) Always over a buddies houses workin on their crap!!!

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
motox, please dont add fuel to my fiance's fire. She gets word that Im not the only one out all the time under a hood, AND that other girls/fiance's/wifes are upset and we are all gonna have an activist group to deal with. LOL

punk

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok since we started the whole selling thing it's for sale 700$ OBO nothing ridiculous if you are interested PM me, everyone on the forum knows the crap I've been thru to try and get this thing to run.. I have to sell it with in the next week or so.. YOU MUST COME AND PICK IT UP I DO NOT deliver..
thanks

Ken

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok since we started the whole selling thing it's for sale 700$ OBO nothing ridiculous if you are interested PM me, everyone on the forum knows the crap I've been thru to try and get this thing to run.. I have to sell it with in the next week or so.. YOU MUST COME AND PICK IT UP I DO NOT deliver..
thanks

Ken
didn't you give a number of $500 firm a day ago?
found it. so what's the number really?
uh how about 500$ and well call it good

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but mom told me I should go up in price for all the work and money I put into it why do you wanna buy?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah but mom told me I should go up in price for all the work and money I put into it why do you wanna buy?
nope.
I pay 300-500 for non-running intact trucks local to the sfbay area. If there is something like a OD or a turbo in it, I'll go up a little.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to one of our fellow oil burners my truck is worth around 7- 800$ I just got of the phone with him.. if you are interested send me a PM or just post..

thanks

Ken

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Somebody just has to ask him, " Does it run?"
I get a chuckle from Craigslist, and other "for sale" fori, when someone goes to extremes to say exactly what the car is, and is not, and then someone asks a stupid question that had already been answered in the original ad.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no it does not run, yet but i'm sure a new lift pump and a ndew starter would make it run......

I am selling it as is where is no guarantees

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online