Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heath,

just to let you know I believe you can upgrade this vehicle to 4x4 with a new transfer case and new front end I THINK don't hold me on that... feel free to come by and look at it...

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Heath,

just to let you know I believe you can upgrade this vehicle to 4x4 with a new transfer case and new front end I THINK don't hold me on that... feel free to come by and look at it...

Hate to "burst your bubble", but it requires more than that. The 2WD has no shackle hangers on the front of the frame for springs. Your current transmission is a "long shaft" and the 4WD transmission is a "short shaft", so it'll require changing out the shaft in the transmission or replacing the transmission as well as adding a transfer case. The frame will need "notched out" to allow a shackle to be mounted in the front and a rear shackle added for the front to accept a set of springs. I'm not saying that it's not possible, but it's not a real "easy" task either.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heath,

I don't think he would want to convert your truck to 4x4, I think he wants an F350 4x4 for the same reason that I do, the Solid front axle and all the goodies to put it under my truck!

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like I said don't hold me on that, but again it's up for grabs not cause I want to but because I have to but next truck I get I'll make sure its a IH/Navistar IDI

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
come on people I know there is someone out there that wants a truck

If you are seriously wanting to sell your truck, you need to put some effort into it. Post some pictures, inside and out, try to find some good qualities about it and post those as well (maybe rust-free or straight body??) You haven't given anyone enough information to show interest in an old truck that doesn't run and we don't know anything else about. If it were a ton 4x4 lots of people would be interested, just for parts, but with your truck you need to work a little harder to sell it. Give some info, show some pictures and make sure to let people know you are willing to work on the price a little bit. Suckers are born everyday, maybe you will find one of them.

Last edited:

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Qualities well let me see...

Tinted Windows
One dent on driver side quarter panel, and the rest of it is pretty well off other than one small rust spot near the driver side..

Good working Injector Pump ( i know it works when I cracked the inector to try and bleed the lines)

new return lines, posts, and o rings

60 Watt CD AM/FM player

87-91 Ford Bed

new Alternator to Vacuum pump belt

I painted the doors and center console black

new steering column out of a 83 Ford F250 (automatic tho)

4 Speed Borg Warner Manual Transmission

I recently changed the oil with Rotella T

new fuel filter

NEW OREILLY SUPERSTART Batteries

New O Terminal on + Battery cable to starter

Last edited:

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also add that it has an 87-91 bed on it. I am not sure if that is a good quality of not, but it shows at one time that someone tried to improve the looks of it, by either replacing a rusted out or dented up bed.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok everyone, I am reducing the price due to not a lot of activity on the subject to 650$ send me a PM if ANYONE at tall is interested...

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I'll just come and say it I AM STUPID!!!! If I can't get a Damn IH ENGINE RUNNING WHAT DOES THAT SAY??? I THINK IT SAYS A WHOLE LOT!!! WELL I BELIEVE I GOT A BUYER FOR OLD BLUE I JUST SOLD IT BACK TO THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM!!! I HATE TO LET IT GO BUT MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL BE SMARTERR AND BUY A IDI THAT RUNS... LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS A FORD IDI THEY WANT TO SELL IN TN THAT RUNS...

and again I AM STUPID YEHHH WHOO!!! :(

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid is extreme.

You may fall prey to a large quantity of YDMF moments, but stupid.... probably not so much.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
Too bad I just now read this thread, there are several places therein Middle TN who could have got you running for drinking/eating money. Better luck next time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online