Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how should I put this I HAVE NO MONEY!!! LOL :) this truck has sucked the life out of my wallet LOL
hopefully you have learn a valuable lesson from all this. no matter what you buy, make sure you have a budget to fix it. If you buy something that isn't running, make sure the budget is even bigger. If you do seek advice, do park your arrogance and open your ears and think carefully of what has been imparted to you. doesn't matter what you take on in life, opening your ears and mind will help you get ahead.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well here is what happened the dude I bought the truck from use to be my friend, now he is just an acquaintance, he told me the only thing it needed was to be timed up... WHAT LIER HOW SHOULD I PUT THIS IS NICE TERMS HE WAS LYING OUT OF HIS A$$....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well here is what happened the dude I bought the truck from use to be my friend, now he is just an acquaintance, he told me the only thing it needed was to be timed up... WHAT LIER HOW SHOULD I PUT THIS IS NICE TERMS HE WAS LYING OUT OF HIS A$$....
take some responsiblity for your own actions first.
never ever ever take someone else's word for why a truck won't start up and run. or anything to that matter.
they are walking away from it FOR A REASON.
you bought a "pig in a poke".
if it doesn't run, bid salvage value on the truck/car/whatelse.
have the knowledge to fix it on your own OR DON'T TOUCH IT.
so he wasn't being honest with you, he didn't put a gun to your head and have you pull the money out of your wallet.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your right he just lied to me... which is why I sold it back to him.... I am going to charge extra for the half of tank of diesel in it LOL

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey I told him everything that happened to that truck and he still wants it... I don't understand why he wants it, he's got a 96 Dodge RAM 2500 with the cummins 12 Valve and some 4 -wheelers and some other stuff... this boy has everything he wants... thats why I don't understand why he would even want to rip me off..

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey I told him everything that happened to that truck and he still wants it... I don't understand why he wants it, he's got a 96 Dodge RAM 2500 with the cummins 12 Valve and some 4 -wheelers and some other stuff... this boy has everything he wants... thats why I don't understand why he would even want to rip me off..
it's very simple........you thought you were able to get into a diesel cheap.
like I said before....HE DIDN'T PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD TO BUY THE TRUCK.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, he is still in HS he is a Junior I graduated 2009.... his parents are loaded and give him everything...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, he is still in HS he is a Junior I graduated 2009.... his parents are loaded and give him everything...
he's younger than you and you expect him to know more than you?
just because his parents give him everything doesn't make him an expert.
he prolly knows less than you and told you what he's been told.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well he lives on a farm (i use to with a gas mower John Deere riding mower thats how we mowed our 10 1/2 acres) with a lot of diesel engines and he took a diesel class at VOC. ED. according to him it sure sounds like he is/was whatever is smarter than me when it comes to diesels

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well he lives on a farm (i use to with a gas mower John Deere riding mower thats how we mowed our 10 1/2 acres) with a lot of diesel engines and he took a diesel class at VOC. ED. according to him it sure sounds like he is/was whatever is smarter than me when it comes to diesels
look at yourself in the mirror. you were taking the advice of an underclassman. so he took a class in diesel tech. did you investigate to see if the class covered IDI's?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think he was after my money to be honest bout it... that's ok hopefully my GG will let me by his Chevrolet 1500 Z28 straight piped and all...

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dude, there's no such thing as a "chevrolet 1500 Z28". Maybe you're talking about a Z87 4x4? A Z28 is the RPO code for a high performance Camaro, like these.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726