transmission cooler

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Use the biggest, best Transmission cooler that will fit and that you can afford. Keeping your fluid cool is a big help for your transmission and torque converter.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Tru Cool makes a good cooler that works well with the E4OD. Easy install too.;Sweet Check with the site sponsor for that one www.dieselsite.com

Want something huge. The 5R110 cooler is it. (6.0 cooler) It willtake some work to install, but it can be done.:D

sassyrel

Reaction score
out of curiosity, is the 5R110 cooler larger than the bricknose A/C condenser? :D

nope--just waaay more efficent--the later cooler for the 4r100 is good also--put one on the 96 choke--end of cooling and seal puking problem

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope--just waaay more efficent--the later cooler for the 4r100 is good also--put one on the 96 choke--end of cooling and seal puking problem
Way more efficient in what way? I'm all ears :D

My A/C doesnt :D, do you use the condenser as a cooler and if so how does it work?
Yup, I had it as a stand-alone cooler for the longest time but a few months ago I plumbed it back in as secondary cooler after the factory one in the bottom of the radiator - don't know if I like that setup now tho, before I could barely feel the return line getting warm but now she's much hotter, I have the feeling the A/C condenser is actually fighting the factory heat exchanger...

sassyrel

Reaction score

Yup, I had it as a stand-alone cooler for the longest time but a few months ago I plumbed it back in as secondary cooler after the factory one in the bottom of the radiator - don't know if I like that setup now tho, before I could barely feel the return line getting warm but now she's much hotter, I have the feeling the A/C condenser is actually fighting the factory heat exchanger...

its the inside of the tubes before its put together thats diff

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So how would you recommend doing this? Did u flush the condenser with anything first? I'd be willing to try it out.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, flush it first, I used denaturated alcohol from Lowe's - fill it up, let it sit, blow it dry with compressed air, repeat a few times. The for the fittings I used two passenger-side fittings that I cut the plastic line off, drilled the opening larger, then weld a steel barb-hose fitting so a hose can be attached to it. I think I ended up using the factory 5/16" steel lines, 11/32" hoses, and 3/8" fittings at the A/C condenser, or something like that.