The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why none of those pictures ever show the solinoid or circuit boards I have looked at several on the Internet and none show the circuit board?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 89-94SolenoidPACK.jpg
    89-94SolenoidPACK.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 72

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you confusing od with lock up by any chance?
What I know is, when I'm going down the highway at 60 mph and turn off the od switch on shifter, nothing changes rpms stay the same. Od is not working, because at 60 mph I'm pushing about 2800 rpm, and before when od was working I was at about 1800 rpm at 60mph

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I know is, when I'm going down the highway at 60 mph and turn off the od switch on shifter, nothing changes rpms stay the same. Od is not working, because at 60 mph I'm pushing about 2800 rpm, and before when od was working I was at about 1800 rpm at 60mph

that's the lack of 4th for sure.see post #76 (the one you quoted) again.i added a couple links to help you test for your issue.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1994 E4OD, transmission shop just told me there is not a shift kit for this trans, only a programmer. Now I know I have seen posts about installing a tugger or transgo shift kit. Am I wrong?

Black dawg

Reaction score
1994 E4OD, transmission shop just told me there is not a shift kit for this trans, only a programmer. Now I know I have seen posts about installing a tugger or transgo shift kit. Am I wrong?

I would RUN from any trans shop wanting to use electronics to take the place of a shift kit on an e40d. I have used many e40d with the transgo tugger kit, and they shift very good.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

Technically the shop is correct. Everybody uses the term "shift kit" for all the newer trannys. But fact they are reprogramming kits.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I would RUN from any trans shop wanting to use electronics to take the place of a shift kit on an e40d. I have used many e40d with the transgo tugger kit, and they shift very good.

Reprogramming kits are not to be confused with with tuning. Yes, if a tranny shop would do nothing but a stock build and rely tuning to adjust shifts is a no go.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new solinoid pack this morning, had a mechanic friend of mine order it,from a transmission supply shop, he uses. The box it is in says 89- 94 application, but the circuit board does not look like the one that is in my trans now. The one in my trans has a green circuit board with visible diodes and circuits and the new one has a black circuit board without visible diodes and circuits?
You must be registered for see images
picture of old board, I will have to get picture of new board later.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Far as color and stuff, I wouldn't worry about that. Most likely just differences in manufacturers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I just bought a new solinoid pack this morning, had a mechanic friend of mine order it,from a transmission supply shop, he uses. The box it is in says 89- 94 application, but the circuit board does not look like the one that is in my trans now. The one in my trans has a green circuit board with visible diodes and circuits and the new one has a black circuit board without visible diodes and circuits?
You must be registered for see images
picture of old board, I will have to get picture of new board later.

Go by the spec not the color or board layout.