toe to toe with a cummins!

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well today, i happened to be runnin down the road next to this guy in bout an 08 cummins. i think he saw my diesel smoke, cause hed get on it pretty good any time i started to come up past him. well, we got side by side at two different lights. both times, i took the hole shot, and held him off til my 2nd to 3rd gear shift, then hed get up on the turbo and take off. the second light, we were goin all in, balls out, and i have to say, im very proud of my 6.9. for bein an ol, n/a, mechanically injected dinosaur, it held its own against some modern muscle. ;Sweet

i do feel kinda sorry for the cars behind us though... they had to drive through a pretty thick, dark cloud of coal. :rotflmao :thumbsup:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
well today, i happened to be runnin down the road next to this guy in bout an 08 cummins. i think he saw my diesel smoke, cause hed get on it pretty good any time i started to come up past him. well, we got side by side at two different lights. both times, i took the hole shot, and held him off til my 2nd to 3rd gear shift, then hed get up on the turbo and take off. the second light, we were goin all in, balls out, and i have to say, im very proud of my 6.9. for bein an ol, n/a, mechanically injected dinosaur, it held its own against some modern muscle. ;Sweet

i do feel kinda sorry for the cars behind us though... they had to drive through a pretty thick, dark cloud of coal. :rotflmao :thumbsup:

Congrats man.:rotflmao;Sweet:D

94IDIT

Reaction score
lol. and hes probably gonna go tell his buddys he spanked an early PSD now too...

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao;Sweet Yeah that's what I was thinking too!
;Sweet But right on man, I did a little cummins racin' myself yesturday:sly
we were on the interstate though, so I was slightly less succesful than youLOL

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao;Sweet Yeah that's what I was thinking too!
;Sweet But right on man, I did a little cummins racin' myself yesturday:sly
we were on the interstate though, so I was slightly less succesful than youLOL

ya know, if i had a little wider RPM range, and an extra gear, i have no doubt that i could outrun just about anything, with a little time to get it wound up. my current setup (bone stock, T19, 3.54 gears, 35 inch tires), will do 89 mph on the flat-out when it hits the governor. rough math: 90mph @ 3k rpm=30mph per 1000 rpm. so at 4000 rpm, it would stand to reason that id be doin 120mph. :eek: a .77:1 OD on a ZF5, and look out! assumin theres enough power to overcome the wind resistance anyways...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surprised no one has come in bashing yet. Maybe its too early:rotflmao. I'm sure something was wrong with the 08.:rotflmaoLOL:rotflmao

Sounds fun, when we were running home on the highway with my engine in the bed we had a similar experience. except a slightly older stock cummins :angel:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Our higher compression defiantly gives us an advantage down low in the rpms. If he spooled up for the launch or did a 4wd lauch it would have been different. It's also nice we get 100% fuel at any rpm, newer trucks (especially stock) require a certain amount of boost to give 100% fuel to keep emissions and egts down.

Newer trucks with VGT turbos are much better than the OBS PSD and first gen cummins which require some rpms to get the turbos to spool.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he had strait piped exhaust. based on the delay between his shifts, how quick his shifts were, and the smoke cloud, im pretty sure he was gettin after it.

gary, youd be doin bout 170, you freak... lol.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I outpulled a Cummins coming home from camping yezsterday, he had a smaller camper and wanted to pass me uphill, I was in fourth 2k, 15 lbs, that is my sweet spot all the way to the governor, wife made me slow down. wimmen.:dunno
he had some work done as I could here him behind me, we were both coalin a little:D

But he didnt pass and did give me the thumbs up when we split in town.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online