Thinking about a WMO set up.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Yeah, I am leaning towards a super sucker for collecting. I was talking to a refrigeration guy I have been working with for the last few months, and he said when he gets home to Georgia he is going to send me a vacuum pump that should suck my 60g tank down "right quick".

PZ

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Just an update about my system.

I am committed to the centrifuge now, since I bought a PA biodiesel 65 GPH unit, with a wall mount. I also recieved my pump yesterday from devilish, but have not had time to test it. I really hope to get it tested today, but don't really have any oil to move anywhere. I have been working pretty closly with WMOguy on mixes and oil set ups. He has a pretty sweet operation, and lucky for me I can lean from the good and bad on his set up, and hopefully make a sweet, MESS FREE, set up my self.

PZ

wmoguy

Reaction score
Just an update about my system.

I am committed to the centrifuge now, since I bought a PA biodiesel 65 GPH unit, with a wall mount. I also recieved my pump yesterday from devilish, but have not had time to test it. I really hope to get it tested today, but don't really have any oil to move anywhere. I have been working pretty closly with WMOguy on mixes and oil set ups. He has a pretty sweet operation, and lucky for me I can lean from the good and bad on his set up, and hopefully make a sweet, MESS FREE, set up my self.

PZ

You can borrow my super sucker for a while if you want? not sure how much fuel makin I'll do until the 94 is done

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
You can borrow my super sucker for a while if you want? not sure how much fuel makin I'll do until the 94 is done

Not running it in the '93?

Not sure when I will be processesing... Wish I had the time to set it up tomorrow, but I am going to look at a truck, and headed to check out a friends new cabin!

Would be super nice to get this going though!!

PZ

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
A suggestion for those looking for a transfer pump, get a SBC high volume pump and run it with a small gas engine. The one i have will move a serious amount of oil, but so far i can't find an electric motor to run it...

Where is the input on a ford power steering pump?

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
So I got off my ass and did some work on the WMO set up this weekend. I am going for SUPER clean, with a long maintenance free service life. That being said, I did make a few boo, boos. Pics first

First is my pump from Devlish. This thing is pure bad ass, no exceptions.
You must be registered for see images attach

And here is my set up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Like I said I was going for super super clean, and I think I got it. However I cannot remove and single component with out cutting a piece of PVC. This SUCKS! I am going to fix that. I also need a drain, so that I can drain all the piping, so that I can work on it, and repair it with out making a huge mess.

Also, I was careful to blow out the chips on each piece of pipe, but I must have missed one. My fuge is FULL of chips now and its plugged up pretty bad. Now I have to remove it, but I cannot with out cutting some PVC. So I will re plumb it so that it can be removed easy, and replaced easy. Also going to add some "T"s and ball valves so that I can add another fuge.

PZ

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
How much was the Oberdorfer pump?

I'm using a Honda power steering pump... It's worked perfectly, for 4 years now!

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
The second pump is to transfer the finished fuel to the truck/storage tank.

I have:
SBC pump (still have it but I don't use it)
Oberdorfer pump (runs the fuge)
Water transfer pump (fuel transfer pump)

What can I say, I am into pumps :dunno

PZ

I thought so, but its best to ask... :D

A high volume SBC pump makes an excellent transfer pump...but you need a big motor for it.

I'm running a VW power steering pump... :)

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I almost went the power steering pump route. I was going to go with a toyota 22RE power steering pump because it is remote reservoir and is easily modified for more flow.

However I cam across a post by Devilish that said he had some used oberdorfer pumps, so I jumped on it. I think it was ~$200 with motor, and shipping. Couldn't turn that down!

Also, I got the water pump on sale and WMOguy uses the same one and it works great. So I figured what the hell, and got one for cheap from harbor freight. It was about $25 on sale.

PZ

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Look like you shouldn't have the common priming problem with the water pump since it's got all that oil above it.

$200 for the pump huh.... I've got $50 in mine, including the motor... :D

Edit: I wonder if we could take the small jet out of the water pump if it would still have all that trouble pumping? Any thoughts?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Look like you shouldn't have the common priming problem with the water pump since it's got all that oil above it.

$200 for the pump huh.... I've got $50 in mine, including the motor... :D

Edit: I wonder if we could take the small jet out of the water pump if it would still have all that trouble pumping? Any thoughts?

Oberdorfer pump is not even in the same league as a power steering or sbc chevy pump converted. Both phazertwo and I have sbc pumps and yet you see us both not using them for WMO setups.

@ phazer: I'm green with envy about your pump! My Dayton pump works ok but that pump u got is a hoss!

mtran

I`ll improve my Eng
Reaction score
phazertwo

I'd lift the barrel and from bottom through the valve drain dirty oil.Also I`d put the "t" or "Y" on exit CF, through the another valve and after several cycles, good oil put into the second barrel, a few seconds before disconnection CF flow back to the dirty burrel.Else fine Contruction.