Road-side repair set

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, I didn't think of it at first but I think I got you guys beat for emergency roadside tool..............

It is laid up right now, but I'll get it back together at some point!
To be fair, the reason 'Ol Mater is down right now is because he's installing a KITT variant. Elon Musk has been over a few times to lend a hand in the self-driving department...won't be long till @Jesus Freak opens the first autonomous recovery service and becomes a billionaire! :rock::popcorn

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, the reason 'Ol Mater is down right now is because he's installing a KITT variant. Elon Musk has been over a few times to lend a hand in the self-driving department...won't be long till @Jesus Freak opens the first autonomous recovery service and becomes a billionaire! :rock::popcorn
.....I can hear the knight rider theme now......one man can make a difference!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Especially after vacuum pump failure.

I had two fail in the last year, in the 27ft rv, while towing. Thankfully both times it was when taking a long exit ramp and i start braking early. One just died and the other fell apart.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are quite right. The only thing is that I call it VIP: Very Important Paper.
One way to make it last longer.
Tare one sheet at a time,
Fold in fourths,
Tare off the corner,
save that piece (VIP)
Put finger through hole,
Wipe with Finger,
Use sheet to wipe off Finger,
VIP is used to clean out under Finger nail.
:moon:

Goat

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jesus Freak I’m practicing the noose right now!! JK

I’m no knot expert, but the bowline can take some heavy loads and still untie easily, that’s why I like it. The truckers hitch is classic too, love that knot for load tying.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I guess I’m raw ******* it, my everyday is brake fluid, oil, and trans fluid. I am fortunate enough to just drive 40 miles form my house max, i keep friends with tools in strategic locations LOL
I have newer vehicles for anything more
Gone are the days of just replace the stuff that’s immediately broke, I replace anything that’s even worn/ can fail within the near future so I never have to worry about a break down
Oh I forgot my secret weapon Milwaukee m12 battery with jumper leads and a tow chain

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped to hydro shortly after my first pump went out. No more vacuum pump now, and I'm glad. Only the 3g and the PS
I swapped to hydro after the 5th vp falure… gets exciting when towing when the booster stops, I kept the mechanical pump becuase life time warrenty all it does is hvac and cruise I can live without if it fails
3g is awesome
I never trusted the original ford pump so when I went to hydro I went to Saginaw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online