Road-side repair set

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
I do a lot of traveling around and on my free time I haul varies things for people, sometimes taking me across country. I carry a very basic tool set around with me, some jacks and stand, jump packs, air compressors, and other things incase of an emergency.
I'm wondering what everyone else is carrying around with them. Any specialty tools that you have found to be helpful in situations? Maybe a tool that works out better than an alike tool. Let's try to get a good group of people to chime in on this, I feel like it could be useful information to a lot of people, maybe help them trim up the entire shop of tools they have in their tool box, or to help them from overloading themselves with useless tools.
I also feel like it would be helpful to include things like fuel line, filters, backup E pump for a possible LP failure, wiring, and other different types of odds and ends.
Links or part numbers to very specific tools would be helpful to people, along with your person experience with why you carry the tool with you.
I hope we can turn this into a good thread to read through men, thanks to anyone for your input on the matter. I know there is information everyone for things like this, like maybe just buying a simple Mechanics tools set, but we all know how "lacking" those tool kits can be.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.I can't even find time to get a glove box latch replaced though.
That reminds me...

Years ago...back in the middle 70's I had a friend that had a...had to have been about a 1969 chevy van...and it was decked out with shag carpet...everywhere...good golly it was covered with remnants and scraps out of the carpet store dumpster...

To get anything out of the glovebox...it did not have a latch or a lock...the tumbler was missing...you had to...

Stick your finger into a shag carpeted hole...and pull on it...to open the glovebox...

No lie...it was the funniest thing for a teenager....I still get a chuckle out of it...even now...

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I carry fuel and oil filters, way too many tools, enough oil for an oil change, pretty much all teh stuff to do an oil change in a parking lot… spare starter, spare starter solenoid, ignition switch, various electrical pieces to rig stuff up, and lots of tools. Chainsaw, some saw gas, a fair bit of diesel, a torch, zip ties, power tools, tire chains, tie downs, clevis, hammers, concrete stakes, stringline, cooler with water and soda, couple extra pair of socks, and, if any great distance without being home that night, then my bag as well.

I keep it loaded down… and I’m sure there is stuff I missed…

I drive the ever living hell out of this truck, so I like to have all my stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online