The rumours are true

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mel, I have always wanted an Excursion, not instead of an IDI but as an additional vehicle, they'll be like the old diesel suburbans one day, worth a lot of money, only they have a more useful engine and more capable.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
WOW no wonder it took so long to come out of the closet. It must have taken a month to write that explanation.:eek:

Mel Welcome to the alphabet world of PCM's IDM's ICP's CPS's CCV's. etc

I don't hold any hard feelings, I feel I was "let off" fairly easy when I crossed over. Enjoy the X And keep that boss happy, you'll need his $$$ for repair parts when the time comes. BTDT

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think it's a swonkable offense since there isn't an idi equivalent.

Unless you count those 4 door centurion conversions which I think number in the dozen available nationwide

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well good for you man. Step up to the plate and take a swing at the naysayers. Gees... You bought it with "your own money". Not anybody else has a right to crap on you. You did this for you... Not them. Maybe they should be driving a chevy.... Then they could be talken to a real fine bunch.... Cheby gassers are a bunch with more money than brains most of the time. I'm not knocking everybody that drives a chevy... Just those that like to knock others that think outside the box.... Good for you Mel.. Keep on movin......

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
The fact that it was a diesel was really not one of the reasons that I suddenly found myself wanting it.

this is the only portion of your explaination i call :bs :rolleyes: you could have had any number of vehicles for the same or less money if you were'nt looking for a nice posh diesel. also, the first thing out of your mouth when you first saw my SD in IN was "is that what i think it is??" regarding my Triton-style fender emblem. i dont buy it for a minute that you're not curious about the PSD and wanting to see what the fuss is about.

other that that. i can understand and relate to every aspect of your reasoning. one of the big reasons i got my SD is that the rich people i work for say "nice looking truck" instead of walking past looking away all snobby-like like they have done with the past work trucks. image means something in the field. and the newer trucks have resale value, not to mention creature comforts.

congrats Mel, i'm happy for you. i saw the pics, that is one pimped out ride. and all the IDI do-dads available will only made an IDI run neck and neck with what you have right out of the box.:D ;Poke

but i still believe your to be an IDI man and there's nothing wrong with that. i'm one too cookoo

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

The conversation in my house just went:

Me: (yelling at Alayna as she came in from riding) Hey! Mel bought a PSD!

Alayna: Why?

Me: He bought Barneys Excursion- the one that was at the Rally!

Alayna: Why?

Me: he had a list of reason, I"ll spare you all of them.....

Alayna: were any of them good reasons?

Mel- good luck with the new ride. Frankly- if we had the money it would have been sitting in our yard. Well, maybe not, can't haul a gooseneck with it lol But there have been discussions about buying a PSD here as well. Actually had one planned out, discussed, everything worked out to buy one but the seller didn't want to do the paperwork to get the truck titled ( it was a salvage- a red and white 97- he said just swap the paperwork from your truck to this one! :rolleyes: so we decided against it.) Ideally we will join you in owning a PSD before long, and keep ole' Minty as a rally truck. And I feel ya on getting joked about at work for driving " that old truck".... I just wait to catch them outsde and blow smoke at them in retaliation and go on my merry way :D

Enjoy it and tell the boys to enjoy the leg room! :love:

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, congrats, you're gonna love it, just like I loved my 2001 F350. But....watch those HPOP lines. Remember the issues I had?

And, you worry WWAAAAYYYY too much about what your coworkers think. I got the same response from a few of mine about my dually. They're just jealous. And you oughta here the comments I get about the Charger SRT8.

Seriously, have fun with this.

Scott

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
condeming an IDI to a cornfield to wither away. ;Really

It's Cudzu down here that eats vehicles. If I recall there was alot around the shop, Feight!:rotflmao

Great purchase Mel ---- sooner or later all will at some point have a PSD.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Guilty as charged. That's how society spirals downward. Even the staunch begin to acquiesce. LOL See, originaly I just wasn't going to announce anything. I didn't see any reason to. It wasn't like I was going out of my way to get a PSD. I just wanted the truck. The motor was happenstance. I'd have told people face to face, or if it came up. I know you and Russ and Rob probably think I'm a hypocrite, and possibly have every right to. That's why I had wanted to keep things quite until I had a chance to speak with you guys individually. However, some folks didn't think that was a good idea I guess.

Oh yeah - when I had to move the Enterprise out because she was just flat costing more per year to own than a BRAND NEW TRUCK PAYMENT BOOK boy did I get my ass beat by folks.

I just had to serve a dish - I mean I ate mine and didn't *****.

Rob94F250

Reaction score
"However, my boss is less than comfortable with me driving something that quite frankly, is more reliable than his 07' BMW..."

Hilarious!
Enjoy the new rig.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Mel, no swonk here...;Sweet ride and welcome to another phase of technical vs mechanical education :eek: :D

Time for an old dog to learn new tricks ;p :moon: LOL

Admit it......there is a strong urge to repower with a MOOSE powered IDI :D :D

Enjoy your new ride :cheers:

At least your "investment" {pun intended LOL} in the darkside was by choice and not nessecity as many of us were, and you are still true IDI at heart and not leaving the basement.

You owe no real explaination nor apology.

Last edited:

SKimballC

Reaction score
Mel, screw the naysayers. After all, a truck is simply a means to an end, and if it suits you and your family's lifestyle then there's nothing to question. You obviously love your IDI's and this community, enough said.

I will admit that I've stumbled upon a couple PSD's lately that would have sent my IDI to the Marketplace, but the timing is just barely off. I got too much going on right now. But if the time comes, bite me:flipa

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Mel, screw the naysayers. After all, a truck is simply a means to an end, and if it suits you and your family's lifestyle then there's nothing to question. You obviously love your IDI's and this community, enough said.

I will admit that I've stumbled upon a couple PSD's lately that would have sent my IDI to the Marketplace, but the timing is just barely off. I got too much going on right now. But if the time comes, bite me:flipa

Well said Shane, specallly the "Bite Me" Part,..:rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin