The rumours are true

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Geo. I've heard the price of CPS units have come down to about $25 from Ford. I should put a spare in the glove box.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
:***: Ya leave for awhile, come back home, and Daddy done went and got himself swonked!!! :rotflmao

The tech bug infected the one man we all "knew" would never succomb.

Times are changin' boys, times are changin'.

All kiddin' aside Mel, good lookin' Scurvy ya got there. Them PSD's are hot ain't they??

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Geo. I've heard the price of CPS units have come down to about $25 from Ford. I should put a spare in the glove box.

Yer right on the CPS prices for the '97 and up. MSRP is $27.62 and you can get them at the powerstrokeshop for $15.29 right now. Don't forget the 10 mm socket to change it too in the glove box.;Sweet

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Whenever I get the E or any vehicle to the Rally for that matter....I am gonna have to pull up next to ya and key up my CB with my kicker.....Hee hee hee.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:***: ...The tech bug infected the one man we all "knew" would never succomb.

Dude! I got news for you. I've been in I.T. for 26 years. I've been a service tech, a programmer, a systems engineer, and a network administrator. I AM GOD. I AM TECH. ;p

Succumb? To WHAT? LOL

I've been playing with chips since EPROMS were in vogue. I could get to level 26 of Pac Man by using a quarter in my pocket to short the board in the right spot. I can tell you what happens to an Apple III when the keyboard light burns out, and I sure as hell can understand the firmware in my "chip". I COULD work side by side with the guys who soup up these robots if I wanted to. Why do you think I like the IDI's so much. cookoo Too much like work.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, No swonking here.

The Big X is quite a fine piece of Ford riggage (that cannot be a real word?). My brother-in-law has an X (unfortunately with a V-10) and I love it. It can easily haul four adults, two kids and all the luggage for a week vacation with room to spare. Trust me.....we did it last Oct. I was just talking to Missy about looking for a diesel X when the time comes to get rid of her Honda Pilot. I wish Ford still made them. Anyway we call my brother-in-law's X "THE BUS" for good reason. Maybe yours will the "The Moose Bus" Or "Moose X".LOL :D :dunno

Anyway, congrats on the new rig and learn all you can about the PSD. You never know when you'll need the knowledge.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can believe that. I remember back when I had a CB in the Moose Truck, if I keyed up, I could hear myself coming out of the shop light ballast. cookoo If there is a national emergency, I'll leave the most complicated rig at home. Thanks Heath. We got 11 in it the first weekend it was home. LOL