swap

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YES so long as E4OD... get comp for the PSD trans with it...and all associated / needed stuff...LOL

If 4R100 I think you cannot swap....not 100% on that...

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my idi is board 30 over banks turbo water/**** ip is turned all the way up with 4" exhaust it will haul ass just wont pull hills with 12000bl+ an live long or go over 30mph

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The issue with a psd auto trans is they have a 6 bolt torque converter and the idi auto has a 4 bolt converter. Otherwise they bolt up to the engines fine. Then as posted there is the computer differances. If you want an E4OD trans that bolts directly to your idi with a triple disc converter call Brians Truck Shop. BTS has the trans I have and it will not be hurt by the hp and torque we put out in our idi engines. Sun Coast also has a great E4OD trans as does a couple other makers that have been listed here before. I really like my BTS trans. I know its the last trans I will ever need.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
only certin years of power strokes have 6 bolt converters and if it was up to me idi to cummins is alot simpler of a conversion dont hafta rewire the hole truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online