Steal on an engine

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a steal even if the engine is bad, with all those other goodies. I'd assume it was rings or valve guides rather than something simple though...just to be safe.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a different manifold cause it's dumping from the front, likely from a medium duty truck as that PS reservoir is kinda big too. Not sure if that setup would work in our trucks...

JM2CW

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manifolds don't matter to me. If I can arrange a way to get it to me I have the cash for it. If that spicer is an OD it would immediately go into my flatbed.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... What a deal. Its as posted already... That engine came out of a truck or bus. A few things would need to be changed for it to fit out rigs. The manifolds are not going to fit our trucks. The rear oil cooler header needs to be changed for our trucks. The oil pan will need to be reversed so the engine will fit our trucks. The water pump is the wrong front flange for our trucks so thats going to need to be changed too. Then there are a few small things too but... Thats still a screaming deal....

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
It is about 2 hours from me. I have messaged Blackdawg since that is in his neck of the woods to see if he could go by and check it out. More than likely it is a direct drive spicer in 5th.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That engine has the trans adaptor I need for my allison at 545. Just my luck its in mt and I am broke from the xmas

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
check out truckpartsinventory.com They have quite a few adapters for 6.9/7.3 to 545s and 643s.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Ok, just talked to the guy. He said he pulled the whole engine from a bread truck that spent its entire life locally around him. The reason it was pulled is cause it was burning to much oil. meaning he said that you sit at a stoplight and the tree huggers give you funny looks. Yeah It could be a ring problem, but i suspect turbo or CDR if it is burning that bad.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simp5782 I have been checking the parts outfitts on line and some show the adaptor I need but most are for the 444e. The adaptor is the same but the crank spacer and flywheel and flex plate have ten holes for the 444e/7.3psd crank. I have been trying to find all the correct part numbers to make sure I get the right complete set I need from a 6.9 / 7.3 international bus nine hole crank. the trans bell is a sae2 with a ring adaptor for sae3. about 5/8 inch thick that works with the crank spacer, and special bolts. are you using that adaptor for your build

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel