So what did you do with your truck today?

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I've been clearing snow today, trying to stay ahead of it because my idi has better cab heat than my wheel loader, and I don't feel like being cold...
Thought I broke a mounting bolt, turns out I bent the 1/4" thick mounting plate along the frame when I clipped a tree with the left side of the plow earlier today.
Went from a straight blade to slightly angled left.....
You must be registered for see images attach
What kind of plow is that? It looks kind of light for the truck.
The 6.9 I used to have was a great plow truck, wish I still had it.

Rock

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
What kind of plow is that? It looks kind of light for the truck.
The 6.9 I used to have was a great plow truck, wish I still had it.

Rock

It's a plow mount and hydraulic unit from a Meyer commercial angle plow, I built the a frame from 2" 3/8 wall square tubing, and the blade is 4 xl moldboard extensions from cat 140 motor graders I welded together, 10' wide with a used motor grader cutting edge.
Might not be as tall as a purchased plow, but it's 28" tall, 7/8" thick, and about as heavy as the hydraulics can handle.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been clearing snow today, trying to stay ahead of it because my idi has better cab heat than my wheel loader, and I don't feel like being cold...
Thought I broke a mounting bolt, turns out I bent the 1/4" thick mounting plate along the frame when I clipped a tree with the left side of the plow earlier today.
Went from a straight blade to slightly angled left.....
You must be registered for see images attach
I have a feeling many of us will be doing this, this winter….

Every wolly-worm I have seen here is either solid black, or black with a very small lighter stripe…….

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blew the head gasket on my '89 crew cab last Tuesday. Figured it out when I got to work, and saw clouds of steam when I parked. Opened the hood, could see it spouting antifreeze mist out the front of the engine, passenger side. There was quite a bit of pressure in the radiator, it's was bubbling into the overflow tank. About 99% sure it's the head gasket.

I poured a gallon and a half of antifreeze into the radiator and drove it 10 miles home, with the radiator cap off to keep pressure down, maybe slow the leak. It was a couple of gallons low when I got home, but it never overheated, and the heater was blowing warm the whole way, so pretty sure I didn't do any damage.

Asked for guidance on parts in this thread.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling many of us will be doing this, this winter….

Every wolly-worm I have seen here is either solid black, or black with a very small lighter stripe…….
Not Me! You can keep your Whooly worms! No sir, I tell my kids all the time that Whooly bears and snow don't exist in Florida. So they take it upon themselves to show me every one they find and then I explain that its a figment of their imagination.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I DEMAND snow this year. Last few years here have been total disappointments.
I only gave you the "thumbs up" so you can hold your phone upside down and make it a "thumbs down"! Don't you know that YOUR evil diesel truck has taken it upon itself to warm the climate in Oregon and thus YOU can't have snow........ yes, it's all YOUR fault! Go out and buy an electric mustang to haul your camper around and maybe it'll snow in a few years.

Rereading that it sounds bad, so I'll add a lol for brevity.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I grew up going camping in the snow, and going snowmobiling a lot. Sadly I don't have them any longer, but doesn't mean I can simulate something similar drifting in my samurai on my way to work.

How bout this... I hope we get all the snow, and Florida stay a cool 80F out :cool:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind it getting cold (cold to me) for a few months. I sweat allllllll the time, it's like I peed on myself 9 months out of the year. I welcome the days in the 50s and 60s and nights in the 30s. I don't sweat for 3 months, I'm drenched right now. Changed shirts 3 or 4 times, it's November! Crazy!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to why I'm sweating, I just had a "in the beginning" moment though it might be a "it came to pass" moment. Oh well, I spent 2 days cleaning and rearranging my carport so as to put my dually (or at least it's cab) in there to start getting at my turbo. Since I got some time and the tow truck is really doing well (except you can't haul anything with it) I'm going to do a couple other things to it. So yeah, I'm soaked..... like I peed on myself...... because my two oldest boys (14&15) and I just pushed it in there after performing a 39 point turn around.

Edit: y'all GOT to check out the "unknown soldier" truck, it's wild!

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_160233.jpg
    IMG_20221111_160233.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 9

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind it getting cold (cold to me) for a few months. I sweat allllllll the time, it's like I peed on myself 9 months out of the year. I welcome the days in the 50s and 60s and nights in the 30s. I don't sweat for 3 months, I'm drenched right now. Changed shirts 3 or 4 times, it's November! Crazy!

I read that too fast.... I thought you said you changed your shirt 3-4 times this November! LOL