So what did you do with your truck today?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out the headlight knob and stalk. Non available new for bricknose like I mentioned but, I bought an aero nose one which are cheap even brand new and all you have to do is trim the plastic on the stalk back half an inch and works no problem
You must be registered for see images attach
Well, Ive said it before, but there's a reason your @hacked89. It works though!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed rear diff fluid in my Dana 60 FF LSD.

Only had conventional 80w-90 on hand with 1 qt of Pennzoil saying it had the modifier. So dumped that, along with 2.25 qt's conventional and following @u2slow advice. I went for a drive not worrying about the modifier.

After warming the fluid up (28F here), I pulled 10 circles each way as tight as the van would turn. (dad's advice)

Zero chattering/grabbing/what-have-ya. And on my gravel frontage road, the LSD hooks up immediately with aggressive throttle leaving equal tire spin per side.

I am stoked, and one less thing to do maintenance-wise. I leave for South Dakota on Sunday.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a NOS decal in my dad's junk.

It was bent up and prolly won't stay around long, but it's there for the time being. So this is my Hostel Flags ......

I think it is off GM A-bodies of the 80's but I don't know.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Off roaded all day, did great, now on my way back. Coolant is leaking out from under the cap on long mountain pulls and it’s starting to over heat. Seems like a bad radiator cap is all, can’t hold the PSI. At a truck stop waiting for it to cool off and then I’ll top it off with final charge and continue on.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Off roaded all day, did great, now on my way back. Coolant is leaking out from under the cap on long mountain pulls and it’s starting to over heat. Seems like a bad radiator cap is all, can’t hold the PSI. At a truck stop waiting for it to cool off and then I’ll top it off with final charge and continue on.
Dude, if you keep that up you're going change the "parts truck" into "the hacked dump truck". Looks like you already started hacking on the fender..... and be careful with those mirrors!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m home now, I’m thinking I might have a partially blown head gasket that’s putting combustion gas into the coolant. It used to run in the NO of NORMAL now it’s running steady on the M.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd expect to see bubbles in the radiator if you're getting combustion gas into the coolant.
Yep, when I first got the truck running I started it and coolant was coming out from under the cap. Shut it and took the cap off and it just started pouring out like there was pressure but it ran at normal temp. Now its running normal hotter and I'll see air purging, shake the track and then watch it come back. It would be odd how it would get air in it all of a sudden. I'll try the basics though letting it run to see if the air ever ends and swapping a new cap but if the air never ends probably a head gasket that's just starting to go.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tank has been sitting in the same spot and hasn't started in a couple months. Fired right up like I parked it yesterday!

Hooked up to the trailer so I can drag that frame into work now that it's 99.9% stripped. All that's left is the steering gearbox bolts, two leaf spring bolts, and a couple loose bolts holding the track bar bracket in location. That'll be easier to unhook with the forklift as opposed to trying to roll that axle off the front of the trailer somehow without killing myself LOL

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I've been clearing snow today, trying to stay ahead of it because my idi has better cab heat than my wheel loader, and I don't feel like being cold...
Thought I broke a mounting bolt, turns out I bent the 1/4" thick mounting plate along the frame when I clipped a tree with the left side of the plow earlier today.
Went from a straight blade to slightly angled left.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online