So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered some new front springs for Diego today. I've been thinking about it since I started the bumper. I'm going to do pivot bushings and ball joints so what better time.

They were about $140 everywhere, i found them at advanced auto for $128. Minus a couple coupons and I paid $106 after tax! WITH FREE SHIPPING!!! Couldn't say no to that!

Now to decide on shocks. I can't swing Bilsteins. Might just go with Monroe, but I've had good luck with KYB too.....

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Just about finished the overhead equipment rack for my logging rig. Work was tossing these heavy gauge steel wire shelves, supposed to be rated to hold a good 1000lbs if you can believe that. Welded up a steel tube frame and burned em in good. Now I can put my fuel, saw, straps and ropes and what not in the roof mounted box instead of filling up my cab with equipment. Gotta drill some bolt holes, weld on some hangars for rope and straps and finally paint the whole bed one colour!...Should probably unload the wood off of it too...

You must be registered for see images attach

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if all you had up there was a spare tire and/or that jerry can full of fuel, that WILL bend.

You wouldn't believe the forces put on that when you hit bumps going down the road. Even with only the weight of the rack itself.

You need to at the very least brace it like this:

Even that will probably eventually have the entire louvered area tilting back toward the bed.

Ask me how I know. LOL

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I like where your head is at and I will keep an eye out for it. Those uprights that the louvered section is welded to are 4"x3" 1/4" wall thickness full penetration welded to a 6" I-Beam cross member and bolted thru the frame. They wont bend even if I put a half ton load on them (ask me how I know).

The top rack might after a while but we will see. I can always square it back up and reinforce it if I need to down the road.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep nails are the best vs a sidewall gash or a leaking TMPS oring or a cut too big to plug...I get happy about a nail/screw nowadays because it's something I can fix easily and look like a hero! :Thumbs Up

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep nails are the best vs a sidewall gash or a leaking TMPS oring or a cut too big to plug...I get happy about a nail/screw nowadays because it's something I can fix easily and look like a hero! :Thumbs Up
I actually used to work at a tire place for a little. It was always funny when they’d come in with a big bolt or something

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New fender solenoid. I've been having intermittent random clicking when trying to start, then it'll finally turn over after a few tries. Not sure if it's the starter or the fender solenoid so I figured I'd try this first.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped my set of NA heads off at the machine shop. I wiggled one of the looser exhaust valves and said “I assume that’s bad right”. His response, “Uh… yeah that’s pretty bad”. I guess we’ll see what we’re working with. First step, cleaning and magnaflux.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I stepped on a nail at work. Once I got off, I went to get fuel at Costco. I hate the city I hate the city I hate the city. Damn near had to get out and park somebody’s car for them so I could actually get fuel. Then I went to get my tire fixed as the wait yesterday was 3 hours long. Argued with some techs, do they even hire competent people? Annnnnnd then I drove home and got to see the pretty clouds. One of those days I guess LOL

Attachments

• 99FE17E2-A2EF-4DCF-9020-3887E77CB66A.jpeg
    99FE17E2-A2EF-4DCF-9020-3887E77CB66A.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 8