So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, that looks like the edge of some flux on a trace. Worth checking out I suppose. It might be the relay itself on the board that is going out. Can you plug it in with the cover off and feel if it is clicking and putting out power?

Intresting that this thing has a so called non sevirce able relay on this contraption, they corrode over time and go bad. Ether way I see mean to hack it and make a repair with a external relay. If is the relay that is bad you could find the control off the modle and soilder a wire to it and cut the white wire on this pic to go to a new one, I put a arrow at control lead.

relay
30= white
85= control
87a= tie to BK\PK
86&87= diode* from 12v +
*= diode to keep from having a short to ground maybe

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a national shortage on intake valley pan gaskets. I talked to Felpro and they said they had a 15 month impact to their manufacturing. Advanced auto, autozone etc no availability no ordering. Napa is the only one that has some left in inventory, or maybe not anymore.. I asked for three and they maybe have to freight ship one from Anchorage Alaska to Pennsylvania for an extra $15.

Anyway, if you see yourself needing one anytime soon this is a heads up to call your local Napa.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a national shortage on intake valley pan gaskets. I talked to Felpro and they said they had a 15 month impact to their manufacturing. Advanced auto, autozone etc no availability no ordering. Napa is the only one that has some left in inventory, or maybe not anymore.. I asked for three and they maybe have to freight ship one from Anchorage Alaska to Pennsylvania for an extra $15.

Anyway, if you see yourself needing one anytime soon this is a heads up to call your local Napa.

Holy cow that's insane. I understand given how the last year and a half played out but WOW

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good to know that I need to not damege the one going on the 7.3 and not lose the spare I have.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy. I just looked and I show 3 left in all of the napa warehouses. Some stores might have it on their shelf, as those stock levels aren't directly available to me. But 3........

Crazy times to be in right now.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the passenger side front axle stuff apart.

Brakes were only dragging as much as you expect. I don't like that they drag at all, but it's disk brakes, what are you going to do? Nothing there to force them back off of the rotor after you let off the brake pedal.

Rotor, caliper, pads, everything looks new. That's not the shooshing sound.

Decided to take the rest off.

Inner spindle nut was tightened down like magilla gorilla had done it.

Inner spindle nut was cross threaded. Was a real nutter to get it off of there. All. The. Way. Off.

Inner spindle nut was missing the locating pin.

If it weren't for the fact that it had been cross threaded, I would have driven out the rest of the broken off pin, and drove a new one in. As it is, I ordered a new spindle nut kit..

The good news is that it looks like it was the nut that took the most beating from the cross-threading. The spindle threads seem to be ok, or close to it.

Ran the outer spindle nut back onto the spindle a couple times. Couple of places where it hung up a bit, but I was able to get it through those spots using just the socket and my hand. No wrench. I'll do the same with the new nuts, and some PBBlaster, before I reassemble.

The rotor and hub spun freely before I took it apart. That doesn't mesh with the spindle nut being tightened down all the way and as tight as it was. Going to replace the bearings, just because. Both sides.

While I was under there, being all cozy with the axle and frame, getting it jacked up, I discovered this on the axle.

I don't know if this is some sort of aftermarket sticker or what. Can anyone tell me about this? Does it identify the axle? It does say july of 92 at the top. The truck is a 92, so I guess I can assume it is a factory sticker?

Sorry, that's the best pic I am going to get with the camera that I have.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
There's a national shortage on intake valley pan gaskets. I talked to Felpro and they said they had a 15 month impact to their manufacturing.
So when I bought one for the Ex Wife a month or so back, I apparently done good. :Thumbs Up
I don't know if this is some sort of aftermarket sticker or what. Can anyone tell me about this? Does it identify the axle? It does say july of 92 at the top. The truck is a 92, so I guess I can assume it is a factory sticker?

Sorry, that's the best pic I am going to get with the camera that I have.
The Number that starts out with "F3" is a part number from 1993. The "F" means the decade "90". The "3" is the year of "3". Together you get 1993. Since it says that it's a late 1992 st the top, I would assume that it's an OEM sticker.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today I helped out a friend who was unloading his storage unit. I only drove my truck about half way. I left it at his dad's farm and rode with him the rest of the way. Normally I wouldn't have wanted any part of this, but he's different. This is my "miracle" friend. About 3 1/2 years ago, at the age of 37, he had a massive stroke. He was in intensive care for a month. Everyone thought that we would be going to his funeral. He's fairly well recovered now. His right side doesn't work very well, but he can walk pretty well considering everything. Mentally, he's much better than he is physically. He's at least 95% still there. He still likes it when I joke around with him too. When he got out of the hospital, the state of Kansas wouldn't do very much for him so he lives with his mom in Nebraska where he has a free ride. He's moving the rest of his stuff up there. So I kind of got volunteered, but I really didn't mind that much. We (I) loaded the back of his van almost as full as I could get it. He just laughed when I asked him if he had 10 ply tires on the van to handle all of the weight. He didn't realize that I took a picture of him inside the hallway of the storage unit and another while walking into a gas station afterward.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 12

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a better picture. Went out there with a powerful flashlight, and my phone camera.

Funny that the phone camera takes better pics than the actual camera.

From what I have found online it looks like it is a dana 50, with 3.54 gears.

I believe it is a replacement axle, because the axle code on the door label is 39. And that is supposed to be a Ford 10.25 in an econoline van.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a better picture. Went out there with a powerful flashlight, and my phone camera.

Funny that the phone camera takes better pics than the actual camera.

From what I have found online it looks like it is a dana 50, with 3.54 gears.

I believe it is a replacement axle, because the axle code on the door label is 39. And that is supposed to be a Ford 10.25 in an econoline van.
I’m pretty sure that’s your original axle. The Ford 10.25 was never up front. Also, I think the axle code only refers to the rear axle.
I’ve got a tip for cleaning up the threads on that spindle. Put a little bit of valve lapping compound on the threads of the spindle and then run the outer nut that you have that’s still good over it a few times. Just make sure you clean all of that grit off before you put things back together.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy. I just looked and I show 3 left in all of the napa warehouses. Some stores might have it on their shelf, as those stock levels aren't directly available to me. But 3........

Crazy times to be in right now.
Napa wouldn’t let me order one off of their website last night, but Jegs did. It said it would ship from the manufacturer so I don’t think my odds are that great, but I guess we’ll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online