So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delay and low wipers have worked when they feel like it since I got the truck. I used to be able to smack the dash and they'd work again.

Well that stopped working so I tried pulling this out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Of COURSE my parts truck doesn't have delayed wipers, so I don't have a spare.

I opened it up and don't see anything visibly wrong. I've heard solder joints crack but they look ok to me?

I was hoping for a easy fix, don't think I'm going to get it.

It wasn't bolted in, so I'm sure that was part of the problem.

I left it hanging below the dash so I can tap it and maybe make it hold out a little longer until I can replace it.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_20210711_175147862.jpg

Above the AA 2nd trace up, what is that line in it and follow it up looks the same? What dose the other side look like?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a crack in the board going from the square to the center bottom?

Above the AA 2nd trace up, what is that line in it and follow it up looks the same? What dose the other side look like?

You know, I saw that and it just looked like a light scratch in person. Looking at the pictures it does look like a crack.

I really couldn't see anything on the other side, it's covered with a bunch of stuff.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You know, I saw that and it just looked like a light scratch in person. Looking at the pictures it does look like a crack.
I'm pretty sure that it's not a crack. If you look at 1mouse3's picture, you can see that it's something laying across the board. You can even see it hanging over the "bottom" side of the board in that same picture. Now if it conducts electricity, that may be your problem.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it's not a crack. If you look at 1mouse3's picture, you can see that it's something laying across the board. You can even see it hanging over the "bottom" side of the board in that same picture. Now if it conducts electricity, that may be your problem.

Ah I see it now. Almost looks like a hair?

That wouldn't explain why it works when you tap on it though?

I just have a hard time dropping $120 just to fix the wipers. A new wiper motor is cheaper than that module!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
@chillman88 look close at these two points I circled for broken traces.

I don't know, that looks like the edge of some flux on a trace. Worth checking out I suppose. It might be the relay itself on the board that is going out. Can you plug it in with the cover off and feel if it is clicking and putting out power?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you plug it in with the cover off and feel if it is clicking and putting out power?

I'll try that. It's hanging now so I can just pull the case off and check. Actually worked this morning so who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online