So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I’m late to the party but here is my custom IDI oil filter removal tool. @pafixitman
8fb13dc5-666a-4a06-9ac6-45feca6bcf75-jpeg.135318
bb6dd589-1984-47e4-9c02-da379bbca754-jpeg.135319

That stake is better than what I have to use on a overtightened filter, I did so so it stays tight. Just stab and beat the stick, dont know why @Laine D had issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing today is being told by a passenger that the snow white rides like a old boat and inquired about life vests.

Second thing that occured today is went digging for the oil cooler, oil pressure seems off with it hagging out below n more than should. Was investagating for foul play in the pressure relief valve I repaired some time ago, also got a new gasket since did not last time.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same thing with most of my tires. Truck and/or ATV tires. When they're like this, I haven't had much luck with a Cheetah. I can understand why they do it. They take up less room so it costs less to ship them. It's still annoying on our end. I've
i
That stake is better than what I have to use on a overtightened filter, I did so so it stays tight. Just stab and beat the stick, dont know why @Laine D had issues.

[/QUOTE

I still have no idea what happened LOL. I’ve done countless oil changes on this thing and I’ve never had an issue

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
somehow I really messed up that quote/post

and here you are trying to convince us you're not a goon LOL :cheers:

Is a strap wrench not sufficient to get these filters off? I have a chain wrench and a "Belt Wrench" that I use if they get really really stuck but ive never needed anything except a big filter strap wrench.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is a strap wrench not sufficient to get these filters off? I have a chain wrench and a "Belt Wrench" that I use if they get really really stuck but ive never needed anything except a big filter strap wrench.

Both a chain wrench and a "Belt Wrench" could work and not the plastic junk, a lot of the "filter strap wrenchs" I have tryed fail on this size filter so not sure on them. I tend to a cat on occasions and she has the same size filter but stuffed around a bunch of stuff, that and find a #3 has more uses past filters. This fillter weighs a lot with oil in it that I am find it is best to drain first, so since allready stabbing it why not compleat the task with the same tools.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ISPKI @1mouse3 I used the chain wrench, the strap wrench, and then the regular ol’ filter wrench I always use. Now I will admit once I got the oil cooler off I tried to get the filter off and I basically just gave up. I had to re seal the cooler anyways so I just put a different rear header on it.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ISPKI @1mouse3 I used the chain wrench, the strap wrench, and then the regular ol’ filter wrench I always use. Now I will admit once I got the oil cooler off I tried to get the filter off and I basically just gave up. I had to re seal the cooler anyways so I just put a different rear header on it.
You're supposed to put OIL on the o-ring, not JB weld! cookoo :joker:

What a crazy deal man. Glad you had a spare to rebuild!

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and here you are trying to convince us you're not a goon LOL :cheers:

I've always just used a strap wrench, same one dad used when he owned the truck. I never let anybody else change the oil on my rigs though, seems those that do run into this problem with somewhat greater frequency.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do anything exciting enough to bother with a picture. I did some grocery shopping. I've decided that I'm going to switch around my truck working schedule and work on the Ex Wife before the Blue Truck. The Blue Truck runs fine. It just leaks oil and lacks a turbo, but it will go up and down the road empty just fine. Since I'm going this new route and since it was on sale again, I stopped at Orscheln and bought another 5 gallon bucket of Delvac oil while I was running around.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do anything exciting enough to bother with a picture. I did some grocery shopping. I've decided that I'm going to switch around my truck working schedule and work on the Ex Wife before the Blue Truck. The Blue Truck runs fine. It just leaks oil and lacks a turbo, but it will go up and down the road empty just fine. Since I'm going this new route and since it was on sale again, I stopped at Orscheln and bought another 5 gallon bucket of Delvac oil while I was running around.
I also bought some fuel. It's still holding there at $2.99/gallon. There was no line and no shortage either. That's just to rub it in to all of you eastern guys and gals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online