So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also bought some fuel. It's still holding there at $2.99/gallon. There was no line and no shortage either. That's just to rub it in to all of you eastern guys and gals.

Knock on wood and fingers crossed, I haven't had an issue here either. If I do, I'll have to start dipping into my waste oil....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're close enough to Pennsylvania that it won't affect you. Isn't there a lot of oil that comes out of Ohio too?

I'm definitely close enough to PA lol. Hadn't given that any thought really. Makes more sense that it seems to be southeast more than up here.

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son graduated today from a Deere service tech program today so we had to move his tools and stuff back home. I pulled a covered trailer with the IDI and it did fine even with the winds. I hit 1100 egt on a couple of the hills* with the headwind.

Also filled up for $2.89/gal in Fargo. Couldn’t pass that up.

*hills where I live are mostly highway overpasses ;).

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not too far from that type of area myself.
Oh look corn field. Oh look soy. Oh look cows. Oh now corn. I love the people I've met from the midwest but man, gotta be real creative to keep from going nuts. One town in Iowa they enjoyed tailgating in the walmart parking lot watching people come and go. Thrilling.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I used the tailgate as a workbench.

Worked on a chainsaw.

Can't figger it out.

I got strong spark. I got air. And gas or no gas, she won't even start with a squirt of ether.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todays mission is to pick up more cans that I have been kicking down the road, also trying to teach her to stop leaving a mark wherever she goes. So no longer have a leak from the pump and have slightly cleaner routing of the lines

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't that just leave compression? Got a valve sticking or something?
Checking that tomorrow.

Got my brain working on some sort of invention that will allow me to spin this thing over with a drill, as well.

Nut in the center is lefty-loosey. Unfortunately it spins lefty, to start...

I'm completely worn out, and my back is killing me, from trying to pull start this thing.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So right now the problem is the loose nut pulling the cord? LOL

I've been there! Best to leave it for tomorrow before you destroy it out of spite!
Still a mystery.

I got a bit over 100 for the compression. Stihl says 90 to 110 for their saws...

I'm going to try just removing the carb, getting the carb, and fuel lines all cleaned up. And then some fresh gas.

On edit.

Clamped the throttle open, then cranked it a bunch of times.... And got 125. So it may be a little high, even. But I've seen a bunch of guys saying 120-125 is normal. So I'll go with it.

Got the saw running. It ran a little while, then died, when it got warm.

Looks like I need to figure out a way to keep the throttle open, when I am cranking, to get it started.

Going to work on fuel delivery, and putting in fresh fuel. as I suggested to myself earlier. But having to keep the throttle open, suggests too much fuel. And that leads to the other things.

Seems to me the carb is badly out of adjustment. And it is spitting out bar oil like there's no tomorrow.

Time for me to stop bothering a truck forum thread with chainsaw business. LOL...

Last edited:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Still a mystery.

I got a bit over 100 for the compression. Stihl says 90 to 110 for their saws...

I'm going to try just removing the carb, getting the carb, and fuel lines all cleaned up. And then some fresh gas.

On edit.

Clamped the throttle open, then cranked it a bunch of times.... And got 125. So it may be a little high, even. But I've seen a bunch of guys saying 120-125 is normal. So I'll go with it.

Got the saw running. It ran a little while, then died, when it got warm.

Looks like I need to figure out a way to keep the throttle open, when I am cranking, to get it started.

Going to work on fuel delivery, and putting in fresh fuel. as I suggested to myself earlier. But having to keep the throttle open, suggests too much fuel. And that leads to the other things.

Seems to me the carb is badly out of adjustment. And it is spitting out bar oil like there's no tomorrow.

Time for me to stop bothering a truck forum thread with chainsaw business. LOL...
I have always found when dealing with 4 or 2 stroke gas engines, that if something goofy is going on you can't figure out, it's the carburator. Between Chinese parts and ethanol gas, it's ******* carbs. More reasons for them to make diesel chainsaws,lol. A nice little air cooled diesel would be great if you got the arms for it:Thumbs Up

Rock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.