So what did you do with your truck today?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never take pictures so my posts are probably boring. I got my engine all put back together, just need to drop it in. I built a downpipe out of a 7.3 PowerStroke pipe. Just cut the top off. Then I took my driveshaft in and they’re gonna do the universals and the carrier bearing, then balance. That’ll cost 250$. For a minute I almost said hell no but then the thought of me standing in the sun screwing with a press calmed me down. I’m pretty sure that’s a fair price too. So that was my day, pretty damn productive
Nice work. Progress has been minimal on my stuff cause a year and a half ago I decided to do my masters full time while working for full time. Ill be done in 3 weeks and I can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Nice work. Progress has been minimal on my stuff cause a year and a half ago I decided to do my masters full time while working for full time. Ill be done in 3 weeks and I can't wait.

I am doing almost the same thing, getting my Bachelors though. I have until early next year until graduation and I hope I can make it before I burn out!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any project I’ve started in the last year has had slow progress for about the same reason. I’m finishing what’s left of my senior year on the computer, and I work too LOL. I have an issue with lack of drive once I’m tired. I need to get better at managing my time. Or just no breaking my truck.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pictures but hauled several loads of cows Saturday. @Farmer Rock having hauled lots of cows and hay with anything from 6.9 n a f250 non duallys to 6.7 cummins duallys I say meh. Dualleys suck in the mud and you have to be really heavy going freeway speeds before they're really worth it in my opinion.

O and my wife bout made me drive off the road! We'd been looking into financing on a couple different mega cabs (silence ye heathens!!!!!:fight:) and she said it would be better to drop some money on the idis and get them really solid for a couple years before we get her Cummins. I was flabbergasted usually I get dirty looks when I say that

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
No pictures but hauled several loads of cows Saturday. @Farmer Rock having hauled lots of cows and hay with anything from 6.9 n a f250 non duallys to 6.7 cummins duallys I say meh. Dualleys suck in the mud and you have to be really heavy going freeway speeds before they're really worth it in my opinion.

O and my wife bout made me drive off the road! We'd been looking into financing on a couple different mega cabs (silence ye heathens!!!!!:fight:) and she said it would be better to drop some money on the idis and get them really solid for a couple years before we get her Cummins. I was flabbergasted usually I get dirty looks when I say that
Yeah, that's the only thing I don't like about dually's and never have, is that they will get stuck on wet grass. I have been thinking about it some, I would rather have a srw 4x4 1 ton than a drw 2wd 1 ton for what I need. I gotten to many dually's stuck.

Rock

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I reinstalled my rear fuel tank today, after fixing the pickups on both tanks. I still have to get the front tank in. I was ready to get the front tank in today, but ran short of fuel line by a couple feet:frustrate. And I also managed to get a black eye today..........You oughta see the other guy!.....................he's a fuel tank strap,lol. Don't ask me how, but I was crawling around and leaned on one of the fuel tank straps on the ground, so it sprung up and hit me in the eye real good.:fight::backoff:bail

Also, from now on I am pulling the bed, no more of this mallarky.
It's just been one of those days

Rock

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
My freshly gone through 90cc pump from Wes arrived last night. I’ve never had a fresh pump on this truck so that’s just 1 more thing that makes me feel like I’m not a goon anymore.

Hey lets be honest here, you're still driving an IDI so ya still a goon like the rest of us.

I bought a 5 gallon drum of Traveller 15W-40 oil and PSD filter and did the oil change on my F-SuperDuty, no idea when it was last done as I just got it.

Also finished my 2nd distilled water flush with 2 bottles of prestone coolant system cleaner. Looks like its eating up some of the chalky crust in the radiator. Hopefully I can save the brass radiator.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I took a long lunch today. I "got" to go pay someone to tell me how much the Government stole from me last year. Then, on the way back to work, I stopped by my garage and put a couple of tubes in my new pair of tires to get them ready for me to mount up this weekend or next week. This time, they came from different warehouses so they weren't squeezed together. One tire had the two beads fairly close, but the other one probably would have been fine to mount up. I keep the tubes together so I decided to just go ahead and spread both tires.

You must be registered for see images attach

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took a long lunch today. I "got" to go pay someone to tell me how much the Government stole from me last year. Then, on the way back to work, I stopped by my garage and put a couple of tubes in my new pair of tires to get them ready for me to mount up this weekend or next week. This time, they came from different warehouses so they weren't squeezed together. One tire had the two beads fairly close, but the other one probably would have been fine to mount up. I keep the tubes together so I decided to just go ahead and spread both tires.

I love that idea. I have a Cheetah but some tires are shipped here with the beads strapped together ahhhhhhhhh!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have a Cheetah but some tires are shipped here with the beads strapped together ahhhhhhhhh!
I get the same thing with most of my tires. Truck and/or ATV tires. When they're like this, I haven't had much luck with a Cheetah. I can understand why they do it. They take up less room so it costs less to ship them. It's still annoying on our end. I've seen so many people completely freak out over their ATV tires being like this that all I can do is laugh anymore. They OBVIOUSLY don't have much experience with tires.