So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I love these

Today I had to unload the 88' of the trailer but it had a flat tire (bead popped of course)and blew a brake line, so grabbed the skid loader and picked up the rear of the truck from the hitch and was able to seat the bead easily. I was surprised the old loader lifted it with no problem, and there was a spare 6.9 sitting in the bed. It wasn't near as tippy as I expected anyway.

having a forklift or a loader is really convenient
That's right. they are extremely handy. The two cab swaps that I've done were done with a forklift. I've used them to lift up a car (my 1984 Mustang) or truck in order to work on it. I've also used them to R&R engines, both gas and IDI.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my wheels today, the guy had nice idi with a banks sidewinder. Thing sounded really good. I have no Idea if he’s on here or not, I should’ve asked him.

You must be registered for see images attach
The chrom trim looks slick. I have a pic of @Selahdoor s truck somewhere after we met as its my favorite paint scheme.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's right. they are extremely handy. The two cab swaps that I've done were done with a forklift. I've used them to lift up a car (my 1984 Mustang) or truck in order to work on it. I've also used them to R&R engines, both gas and IDI.

Yes removing a cab off a frame would be easy with a forklift but sometimes you have to get creative.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Been super busy for the last 6 months and got the next 8 weeks of busyness to go but finally was able to do a bit of work on the engine stand and get the 1/8th rods dialed in.

The downside took almost the whole idi engine stand to get them dialed in so theres alot of strong but not good looking until the last 10 percent of the build haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Those welds look solid, are you planning on bringing the bottom fillet up to the top of that plate or is that not really necessary?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those welds look solid, are you planning on bringing the bottom fillet up to the top of that plate or is that not really necessary?
Thanks, it's not really necessary for this specific application but I likely will when going over the stand for finalizing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but we wanted to use the cabs again so this method wouldn't have worked very well for us.

Yea its not a well advise method but is what was done to change frames since the origanl was falling apart. Roll the cab off the old, cut up old frame, then roll under replacement frame, and finaly roll cab back on frame. That cab needs lots of repairs and it may get a replacement cab if I dont find good rockers by the time I get back to that project.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This dodge does terrible on gas. My truck consistently gets 11-12 around town and that’s with big 35 inch mud tires and 3.55 gears. And it’s about the same price to fill up, except I get 100 more miles of range.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I got the f superduty running for the first time since I bought it. It sounds pretty good but has a lope sometimes. When I first drove it, I had to slip the clutch to get going in first on flat ground (yes, brake was off). After doing that a few times it got a little better, then I really hammered down and right away noticed a big difference in power, which I assume it just needs to be ran good and hot since it has been sitting a long time. There was so much sludge build up in the motor and radiator, that it was hard to tell if it was mixing or not. I really need to flush everything before moving on, but I just wanted to get it running first.

Rock

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This dodge does terrible on gas. My truck consistently gets 11-12 around town and that’s with big 35 inch mud tires and 3.55 gears. And it’s about the same price to fill up, except I get 100 more miles of range.

That is about what mine get, so dont feel too bad now with ~12 in town and ~14 on a run. That dodge seam to want to take on a dinking contest with my f100, I think 454s are in the same boat or about any big block.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is about what mine get, so dont feel too bad now with ~12 in town and ~14 on a run. That dodge seam to want to take on a dinking contest with my f100, I think 454s are in the same boat or about any big block.
Oh man, 454’s, FE’s and 460’s are the only big blocks I’ve had experience with and I’ve never seen one get any better than 8. For some reason I expected the dodge to be about as good as my truck because it’s efi and I drive it really easy since it’s not mine.