So what did you do with your truck today?

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Out with the old (original with 200K on them) battery cables and in with the new 4/0 welding cable grounds. Hydraulic crimp, silver plated body grounds all around.

You must be registered for see images attach

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Worshed, waxed, spit shined, curry combed, and trimmed behind the ears! Even drove it to work today.

Wish I could even find an old truck in that shape up here for less than 15k.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
But i recent bought a little cab over camper and I feel like it'd be a hassle to take the hoist out every time I go camping
That's one reason why I don't plan to use my Ex Wife to haul around mine very often. Between that and the dually fenders, it would be a real big pain to get the camper in and out of the bed.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could even find an old truck in that shape up here for less than 15k.
There aren't too many older trucks in good shape around here either, remember we're in the rust belt too. This one came from Kansas however it still required a lot of work. Original color was red and white with red interior. I drove this truck thru you state last fall hauling a 1967 slide in camper on my way to Maine for a week long deer hunt. The old girl did good, zero problems!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FINALLY got a chance to replace my old tailgate cables.

Guess I shouldn't have been so worried, there were still a couple strands left lol

At least now I don't have to worry when it's going to snap!

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve been thinking about getting one, they’re pretty handy. But i recent bought a little cab over camper and I feel like it'd be a hassle to take the hoist out every time I go camping

Its on a post that it slide on and can be taken off easy. Since a camper is a box that fits between the wheel wells, I would think there would not be too much fitment issues.

Last edited:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been super busy for the last 6 months and got the next 8 weeks of busyness to go but finally was able to do a bit of work on the engine stand and get the 1/8th rods dialed in.

The downside took almost the whole idi engine stand to get them dialed in so theres alot of strong but not good looking until the last 10 percent of the build haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I love these

Today I had to unload the 88' of the trailer but it had a flat tire (bead popped of course)and blew a brake line, so grabbed the skid loader and picked up the rear of the truck from the hitch and was able to seat the bead easily. I was surprised the old loader lifted it with no problem, and there was a spare 6.9 sitting in the bed. It wasn't near as tippy as I expected anyway.

Rock

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I had to unload the 88' of the trailer but it had a flat tire (bead popped of course)and blew a brake line, so grabbed the skid loader and picked up the rear of the truck from the hitch and was able to seat the bead easily. I was surprised the old loader lifted it with no problem, and there was a spare 6.9 sitting in the bed. It wasn't near as tippy as I expected anyway.

Rock

having a forklift or a loader is really convenient

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my wheels today, the guy had nice idi with a banks sidewinder. Thing sounded really good. I have no Idea if he’s on here or not, I should’ve asked him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86