So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple bundles of slab wood for a buddy of mine. I'll deliver them on Friday and then pick up his truck later to do some work on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

The wife won't be happy when she sees the ruts from pulling the trailer out :sorry:

But sweetheart, I told you I need a 4wd :angel:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Picked up a couple bundles of slab wood for a buddy of mine. I'll deliver them on Friday and then pick up his truck later to do some work on it.

The wife won't be happy when she sees the ruts from pulling the trailer out :sorry:

But sweetheart, I told you I need a 4wd :angel:
It looks like you got the same deal on the 2 for $20 TSC ratchet straps as I did. Lol

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like you got the same deal on the 2 for $20 TSC ratchet straps as I did. Lol

Rock

I had been going to get a couple new ones anyway and I saw that deal and couldn't pass it up! They're $15 at harbor freight why would I not pay $5 more for two LOL

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
I had been going to get a couple new ones anyway and I saw that deal and couldn't pass it up! They're $15 at harbor freight why would I not pay $5 more for two LOL
Same here. When I saw the price, I bought the 5 or 6 they had left. They seem to be made pretty good, and for the price you can't beat em'. I used them to haul the skidloader and a few tractors already, and they don't stretch at all like the cheap ones.

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. When I saw the price, I bought the 5 or 6 they had left. They seem to be made pretty good, and for the price you can't beat em'. I used them to haul the skidloader and a few tractors already, and they don't stretch at all like the cheap ones.

Rock

The ratchets are a little cheap for my taste, I have to be careful with them because I noticed they'll twist if I pull unevenly (I like mine TIGHT) but yeah for the price they're pretty great. Certainly not Kinedyne quality, but they're not $30 each either!

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
The ratchets are a little cheap for my taste, I have to be careful with them because I noticed they'll twist if I pull unevenly (I like mine TIGHT) but yeah for the price they're pretty great. Certainly not Kinedyne quality, but they're not $30 each either!
I noticed that too, but I haven't had any trouble with them. Anything really heavy I prefer chains and binders anyway, so I really only use the straps for lighter loads as it is.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes they are. Most of my collection has been with me long enough that I can't remember where I even got them from. I have a metal box on the front of my "big" trailer where I keep all of them locked away. That way I know where they are when I need them.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hauled water from town, in my brand new water tank!

And I bought the straps from TSC, as well! They had a bunch. If I'd had more money, I would have bought as many as I could. (I bought 4 of them.)

All this is temporarily set up. The duct tape was just to hold the straps while I positioned them. I wanted to see how she rode. And wanted to see if the straps and eyebolts would hold up.

I'll do a better installation tomorrow. Including installing some hoses directly onto the tank lid, so I don't have to kill my knees crawling up into the truck to stick the hose in the tank opening.

The yellow straps work well for this. I installed cast eyebolts, (from TSC), in all four corners of the bed, and used two straps. One strap holds it forward, the other holds it back.

I love this tank. It holds 50 gallons more than my old tote. It fits into the truck, with the canopy still on. And the center of gravity is down low. It was a pleasure driving it home this time. That tote is so high-centered that the truck tips all over the place. (Got the tank at TSC as well. 325 gallons.)

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score

Finally put the last layer of clear coat on my truck and yanked all the tape and paper off. Paint job came out mediocre. Fine for a work truck I suppose. This is an NA 7.3 super duty with 5.13 rear and an e4od and let me just say, this truck rides great compared to my f250. Feels solid, accelerates smooth as butter, transmission shifts a tad hard from 1st to 2nd but very smooth thru the rest of the gears. Certainly isn't quick but we'll see how she does when I get my banks turbo kit on her.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I didn’t really do much today with my truck. A while back I ordered a cheap little toggle switch panel I’m going to ATTEMPT to make it not look janky. That finally got delivered. Then I learned how to make raviolis from scratch, or I just handed my girlfriend the ingredients.... stuff tastes a lot better when you spend a couple hours to make it LOL

KYBricksandBulls

Reaction score
Well, this weekend I am starting a ford truck meet at my place. We plan on doing some steering work on a buds 86 f150, eating some burgers and emptying a few cans around the campfire. Going to have a big bon fire in a few weeks.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well, this weekend I am starting a ford truck meet at my place. We plan on doing some steering work on a buds 86 f150, eating some burgers and emptying a few cans around the campfire. Going to have a big bon fire in a few weeks.
It sounds like something that I'd love to go to if I lived closer. Actually, both do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online