So what did you do with your truck today?

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back before his latest garbage!

Seats look pretty decent, I'm going to have to try and track down a couple blue ones soon....
It's from a 97. Drinkers side is in really good shape just dirty. Drivers side dirty and just has that one hole. Think I'll replace the foam and cover, clean it and good to go.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scored a CD at the bone yard. Oh yeah, it came with a seat too. Now to get it cleaned and installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just put those same seats in my ext cab. Best thing I've done to it.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I put my new turbo from Wes to work. I hauled 16 tons of gravel in 4 trips. Our trailer weighs about 4000 lbs, and Each load was a heavy(exceeding) 4 tons. On top of that we live in the mountains and so I was pulling 7-8.5 % grades all day with that weight. I left the house at around 8:30 am and didn’t pull back in till 4:00. I put around 250 hard miles on yesterday and the truck handled it no problem! I am sure happy with my gyx3582 from Wes! It creates boost without creating any heat, so egts were a ton more manageable. I hit 1150 on the pyro only once. I had no issues mantaining 50-55 on the grades, and 65 was a piece of cake on the flats. I wasn’t able to get any videos, but i took some pictures of the gauges.

Both of these pictures were taken at the same time while I was in the flats, so you can see the truck was hardly working. Also, I went to shoot the gap on the highway, and now there are 2 big, black tire tracks on the road where I accidentally did a burnout with 12000-13,000 pounds behind me :Thumbs Up I am super happy with my new turbo. Thank you Wes!!

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, it’s working. Wednesday I hauled 15,000 lbs of hay and when I was pulling the grade it got to the A of NORMAL. The radiator I have in it was advertised as a racing radiator, and it works really really well. Yesterday the hottest it got was the O of NORMAL. The truck is an absolute tow beast. I’m pretty darn happy with it for an old mechanical dinosaur

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't today but last since the last post SWMBO and I put 1428 miles on the truck driving down to the land of expensive diesel with stops on the Russian River and back up the coast to see the redwoods. Truck ran great but did seem to have a little less power on the hills after I got down south. Guessing there might have been some timing differences between the B20 I usually use and the straight dino stuff away from home. Wasn't any slower than any other RV though.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WAID did ya go thru Humboldt? that's my neckadawoods. Diesel gets like 3.60 here unless you hit the Reservations, cant believe it's 1.00 less in Oregon.

Today I finished fooling around with the new positive terminal cable and got her running. Then I pulled the driver side battery out and removed the base plate and brackets, scraped all the rust and primed em up. Put it all back together looking purdy.

Tried to install new negative cables, just didnt get sent the right ones from LMC (even called the 1800 and had them confirm they were the right 1s) so had to keep the oldies for now. Send em back and go to NAPA and get another bucket

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I got my 7.3 rockers in. Finally all my gaskets got here. Hopefully will have it running by Wednesday. Also put new weather stripping on the doors and threw some steps on. I’m on the hunt for a factory turbo/093 core still so if you’ve got one please feel free to let me know.

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dgr Not much but we planned and booked well ahead of time. We didn't get the best spots on the coast, but they were decent enough.

@Ky85 Yep passed through, stayed in Legget the night before we got into Humboldt County. The pic of the truck with the trees was along Avenue of the Giants at a pullout. Made a few stops to see some trees and stayed just north of Crescent City. It was a nice drive through and we hope to go back sometime we can get out a little more. Medford diesel was $2.51, PDX $2.55, Eureka was $3.59, and Bandon was $2.71. I put about $90 worth of diesel both times in CA and the OR fillups were all under $50.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have the most expensive fuel in the country due to our Governor's taxes. WE just voted for a 25 cent per gallon tax, last year or two.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I loaded up the 85 with a half ton of scrap for the dump. Can't even feel it, and I got to throw it in 4L for the first time and climb as much as a 15% grades gravel road to get to the pile. Couldn't of been happier with the performance. Likes to work!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online