So what did you do with your truck today?

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to the 7 eleven and bought some beer. Why? For no damn good reason other than I wanted too. My truck is used for chores and hunting and doesn't get driven often, I don't want it to get lonely or feel unneeded.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove to the 7 eleven and bought some beer. Why? For no damn good reason other than I wanted too. My truck is used for chores and hunting and doesn't get driven often, I don't want it to get lonely or feel unneeded.

Now that mine is mostly back on road I need to do this also so I do not end up letting it sit again!

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radiator finally came in. Now just waiting on a valley pan and motor mounts.

You must be registered for see images attach
That sure is perrty! Going to mirror polish the top tank so you can see your own smile everytime you open the hood? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Where did you get/how did you make that trailer
This was my last 1979 F150. I used a torch to cut the frame underneath the cab. I removed the front part of the truck. Then I did some pie cuts to the top and bottom of the frame to fold it in to reach the tongue so that I could weld them to the tongue.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This morning, I got home from my Colorado trip. Of course, that was after everyone else decided to load up and leave at about 8:00 last night while it was raining. Other than stopping for a couple of much needed naps, I pretty well drove all night.
Edit to add more info. Other than my truck, there was two Dodge/Cummins, two Chevy/Duramaxs, and a brand new Chevy half ton with a gas engine (I think he said it was a 5.3, but I'm not sure). The two Cummins, one Duramax, and the gas Chevy all overheated. In fact, the Duramax showed up with out the hood on it, apparently to increase air flow somehow. Funny thing. The ancient, outdated 7.3 IDI got all the way up to 205* engine temp. Kind of tells me something about these newer engines.

Last edited:

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a gtx3582 turbo from @Thewespaul and I installed it last night. I’ve got to say, I thought my truck was powerful before, it’s crazy powerful now! Wes did an amazing job!! I’ll be hauling hay tomorrow and 10 tons of gravel on Friday, so I will post som videos of the beast at work when I get a chance. Once again, thank you Wes!!!

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel ya there, brother. I drove mine today up the road and back just to get the mail, it had been 2 weeks since i last touched the truck and she started right up. I went from a 3 mile daily commute to a 130 mile commute, so unless I've got a job for it my truck is just sitting collecting dust right now.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fantastic news. I found out that the non-magnetic metal in my oil pan is most definitely from the 6.9 style rockers. I took them off and found a BUNCH of deep grooves on most of them. The best part is it all went into the pan and not into oil passages as all the bearings are great still. And here’s a picture of the dodge I’m driving and my friend’s PowerStroke. All we drive are a bunch of farm trucks LOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored a CD at the bone yard. Oh yeah, it came with a seat too. Now to get it cleaned and installed.

Back before his latest garbage!

Seats look pretty decent, I'm going to have to try and track down a couple blue ones soon....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online