So what did you do with your truck today?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Never. It's never EVER had a tune up. EVER. No joke. The spark plugs, SP wires, dizzy, cap, and rotor are the original ones from 1989. 126K on the engine. all sensors are original except a few INSIDE the transmission.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Gotta at least give it credit, it still starts, runs, and drives. I'm dreading removing the SPs, and I think I'm gonna wait until I rebuild it if I can at all help it...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well today I just opened the doors to take out my box of rubber gloves but thats all my rig has done in a few days.. Sad isn't it. you would think I live in the salt belt and never drive during the salty season... Gees...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Gotta at least give it credit, it still starts, runs, and drives. I'm dreading removing the SPs, and I think I'm gonna wait until I rebuild it if I can at all help it...

Lol
Plugs will be easy.

Today I finally aired up my tires.
Had a dual that was basically flat.
Back to a rough/bumpy (roumpy?)
Ride.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a wee battery swap..

The old wee battery is on the right.. the new.. not so wee battery is on the left..
You must be registered for see images attach

And here they are installed and working fine. I still need to tie down properly, but the truck has no plans of doing anything until thats done.

I am now one of them group 31'ers. The batteries almost literally bolted right in. 1900CCA man (between the two of them) and they might just endure the task of being the camping stereo a little better as well.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Swapped in a set of BB code injectors from Russ (typ4)....took a couple hours. Fired right up, runs much smoother a quieter. Almost can't hear it in the cab while its idling, that's a first since I've owned it. Is this what an IDI is supposed to sound like? :)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Swapped in a set of BB code injectors from Russ (typ4)....took a couple hours. Fired right up, runs much smoother a quieter. Almost can't hear it in the cab while its idling, that's a first since I've owned it. Is this what an IDI is supposed to sound like? :)

You may need to advance the timing a bit. Should be quiet at idle when warm but cackle like an old 7.3 PSD on cold high idle.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Something VERY different. I dropped my truck off at the local garage for new brakes all the way around, new rear axle yoke, king pins, front 4wd issues, oil change and a few oil leaks to address. A new job that keeps me really busy is forcing a new way of life. I want my truck to enjoy when I'm off, not something I have to work on endlessly.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I lay out in the snow bank replacing a faulty tank switch valve. Now I am fortunate enough to have the engine start and have a working gauge, YAY!

I even replaced the stock fuel filter for good measure.

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left it in the garage. It's minus 23 degrees, heading for minus 32 and breezy tonight and high predicted for Monday about minus 19

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a bit chilly today here at -52 but the tired old 6.9 fired right up for a trip into the city for a few things. That circulating block heater sure makes cold weather starts nice!

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
You may need to advance the timing a bit. Should be quiet at idle when warm but cackle like an old 7.3 PSD on cold high idle.
Started cold this morning at about 25 degrees, fired right up and ran smoother than in the past. No rattle/cackle/fuel knock on cold advance. Will have to check the timing soon. Prior to the Injector change I was right at 8.5°

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Today I was able to finally fab some mounting brackets for my swap meet find rear bumper. Bolts into the factory holes.
Next up 2.5" rear block kit and Pro-Comp ladder bars.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did a 6 hour round trip and picked me up a atv for $1000 bucks, truck didnt that bad in fuel milage either, also are having a good snow storm so i pulled some cars out of the snow and now im at work being bored

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online